Waikiki hotels

Old Sep 8th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waikiki hotels

Does anyone have any feedbackn the following Waikiki hotels?

Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
New Otani Kamaina Beach Hotel
Royal Garden at Waikiki
Waikiki Joy
Renaissance Ilikai Waikiki Hotel

Thanks.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 03:51 AM

We liked the Renaissance Ilikai Waikiki. Nice rooms
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 09:47 AM

we stayed at the ilikai in july and had a great experience. the rooms were decorated nicely, the bathrooms were nice(great showers),the beds were very comfortable. my boys (13,12,7) enjoyed the pool..not a huge pool,but most pools in waikiki area are the same.poolside bar,restaurant, and entertainment were all very good. we walked down to waikiki and also the opposite way to the ala moana mall. the location was great for us.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 07:27 PM

The New Ohtani is nice because it is beyond Waikiki proper, in Kapiolani park, and right on a nice beach. the bedrooms are not huge like the newer hotels, but it is very pleasant. My friends and business associates seem to all like it. There is a great restaurant on the beach side..make reservations at sunset!
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I'm leaning towards either New Otani or Ikalai. Do you suggest one over the other for more of a romantic vacation? It will just be my wife and myself.
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 01:39 PM

Michael, we enjoyed our stay at the New Otani last September. I chose this hotel because it is set apart from "downtown", yet close enough to get to easily (it's about a 15 minute walk through the park). We had a corner room, which I highly recommend. The wrap-around windows and balcony are awesome. We had our sliding door open all night. We could lay in bed and see the twinkling lights of Waikiki while the palm fronds wafted gently in the breeze just off the balcony. The rooms are small, if that matters to you. It didn't to us. And it was great having the Hau Tree Restaurant just downstairs. It's right on the sand and there's always something to look at. At night there are twinkle lights which are wrapped around the huge tree. Food is great, and not too expensive either. I had some photos of our room on webshots, if you want to check them out they are at: http://community.webshots.com/user/maggiwun
Scroll down to "Hawaii Scenery, September 2002".