Search

Question about buying NY Broadway tickets on EBay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2003, 11:08 AM
TC
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about buying NY Broadway tickets on EBay

I've never used EBay so forgive the question - when a listing says "you are bidding for two tickets for blah-blah-blah show" is the "you can buy it now price" of say $300 for BOTH tickets or for EACH ticket? The listing really isn't clear. Has anyone purchased Broadway tickets from EBay? I've found some Hairspray tickets for dates when we will be in NY and would love to have them if you wise Fodorites think its a safe bet. What is your advice?
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 11:59 AM

Have never used ebay (for tickets or otherwise) but have looked on the website a lot. There is always a way to correspond with the seller. Why not ask the seller these questions. They also have ratings for sellers. Is this seller rated positively?

BTW, if you do a text search here, Fodorites who have purchased theater tickets through ebay have reported not paying more than face value for tickets.
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 12:01 PM

Well I've never bid on tickets on Ebay, but I am on it on a regular basis, so I can tell you that the Buy It Now option is more than likely for BOTH tickets. Your best bet with Ebay if you care to go that route is 1. Check the feedback and look for any negatives and read it all carefully. 2. Is that the cheapest you can get? If the going bid price is significantly lower than the Buy It Now price, I would say wait it out until the bidding is almost over and then bid at least $10 higher than the going rate. If you have any questions, there is a "ask the seller a question" option, usually on the upper right side of the listing.

As I said, I've never bid on broadway show tix on Ebay, but I have come close to bidding on baseball tix, so I'm sure the same rules applies.
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 12:08 PM

I sold a Hairspray ticket on ebay in May and had no problems. The price should be for both tickets. Make sure to look at the seller's rating- if they have received a bad rating recently I would think twice before buying.
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 02:04 PM
TC
Original Poster

Thanks all. I did send a message to the seller but haven't heard back as yet. The price for the tickets seems good compared to what ticket brokers are asking for similar seats, so I thought I had misunderstood the pricing. The seller has a quite good feedback section and has been selling on EBay for 2-3 years.