Search

Oahu hotel choices

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oahu hotel choices

We plan to use Starwood points on Oahu, and are deciding between the Sheraton Waikiki and Sheraton Moana Surfrider. Does anyone have a recommendation between these two?
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM

The Sheraton and the Moana are very close to each other, so location isn't really a factor. I do think this is the best section of beach in Waikiki. The Moana is the oldest hotel in Waikiki and you might be interested in staying in one of the historic rooms there. Otherwise, I would choose based on where you can get the nicest room type for the amount of points you want to use. Do walk through the Moana lobby and check out the front porch where you can sit in a rocking chair. And the Banyan Veranda at the Moana is a lovely place for a drink in the evening.
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 09:41 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
another positive vote for the restaurant(s) at the old Moana. i haven't stayed at the hotels to give advice more than that. for me, I'd probably choose the Moana Surfrider just because it is a beautiful and historic place.
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 10:38 AM

I second the Moana Surfrider. Sitting on that hotel's porch and listening to the musicians playing those soothing Hawaiian melodies as the sun sets over the Pacific is heavenly. The Sheraton Waikiki is too commercial. Rooms and service about the same.
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize they were so close together. I wanted to stay away from a hotel that would primarily attract honeymooners, as we will be there as a family, with two grown daughters. I'm glad to hear that is a good section of beach.