Search

Waikiki hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Val

Waikiki hotels

My husband and I have already booked one week in the Big Island (Waikoloa Outrigger), and one week in Kauai(Sheraton) for our anniversary next September. We are in doubt if we spend 4 days in Honolulu. We would like to stay in a not very expensive hotel on the beach that has a good swimming pool with a great view of Waikiki/ Diamond Head. Do you think it's a good idea to go to Honolulu after going to the other islands (Honolulu has to be the last place because it's easier to take the plane back to Brazil, where we live)? What hotel would you suggest? We stayed ar The Sheraton Waikiki in our honeymonn 25 years ago!!!! PLEASE help us!!!!

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 09:23 PM
brenda

I have always enjoyed the Sheraton Moana Surfrider, right on the beach. It is the oldest big hotel on the beach and was renovated extensively about 8-10 yuears ago. It has a lovely veranda and courtyard on the beach side with large Banyan Tree and nightly Hawaiian entertainment, Yiu are rightin the thick of the Waikiki Beach activity but yet you can sit by the pool and the bar and be away from the beach walkers. People watching is great here. We had a lovely room the last time we stayed in the older section ( whcih I recommend) with shutters on the windows. Very large room too considering it was Waikiki where most rooms are small. Breakfast on the veranda a must.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 11:15 PM
Brad

Brenda, did you enjoy the Sheraton Waikiki when you stayed there 25 years ago? If so, then why not just stay there once again. After all, it HAS been remodeled since your last visit! And doesn't Waikiki remind you just a bit of Rio anyway--just a bit?!?

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Linda

We just returned from Waikik 2 weeks ago. We stayed at the Waikiki Marriott and it was great. There were 8 of us in our party and everyone loved it.. and when we return next November we plan on staying there again. The Marriott offers several rates, check them out on the web. It was walking distance to most everything we needed. The teenage girls loved it... food in their restaurants were great...service was outstanding! I can't really say enough about the hotel. I also checked out the Aston hotel next door..which has a Denny's there looks very nice also. A stone's throw from the Zoo etc.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 03:08 PM
nina

Everyone seems to get the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani for $50 a night on Priceline.

Check www.biddingfortravel.com

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 09:10 AM
cath

Yea, I have gotten the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani for $50 a night on my last four trips to Waikiki. One time I got a great corner room with a wrap around balcony, the other 3 times I was in a crummy rear tower room which is where the Priceline people are usually sent! I would not want to spend a dream vacation in one of these rooms bit the price is right.

I agree with the above poster about the Marriott Waikiki Baech Resort. I have stayed there 4-5 times and think overall it's terrific, especially the deluxe oceanview rooms.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Hawaii

Ick - Don't even think about staying at the Sheraton Princess K. I stayed there 10 years ago and even back then the rooms and hotel were tired!!!

If you want to stay on the beach, you will not be able to find cheap rates. However, you can go to the hotel web sites and probably book rooms cheaper! Don't forget to go to outrigger.com. They have 2 hotels that are on the beach.

Otherwise go to www.biddingfortravel.com and check out their section on bidding in Waikiki. I believe you could get rooms at the Sheraton Waikiki or maybe even the Hilton for around $125/nite.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Vince

We are planning a trip for next Christmas (2003). Are prices much higher at this time. We usually stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Vince

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 12:02 PM
helen

I haven't been down to look at it, but I understand the Aston Waikiki Beach is newly renovated and getting favorable reviews from visitors looking to not spend too much.