COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Waikiki hotel "grill"

Old Oct 16th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Waikiki hotel "grill"

Going to be in Honolulu for 2 days right after Thanksgiving then on to Kauai. Have everything pretty much set up for Kauai (staying at Po'ipu Shores) but am having a difficult time making a decision as to where to stay in Honolulu. Traveling with DH and my parents so will need two rooms or condo situation - although since we are doing the condo thing in Po'ipu I think I'd like a nice hotel in Honolulu. Don't want to spend $$$$$$ since we will need two rooms and this is our gift to parents in celebration of their 50th anniversary but don't want a "dump" either. Been considering the Aston Waikiki???? Comments? Other Suggestions????

Also, a co-worker mentioned a great place to eat at an "outdoor grill" that is part of a hotel next to the Outrigger but he couldn't think of the name. Supposedly has great, freshly grilled seafood??? Sound familiar to anyone? Recommend???

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 05:49 PM

For Waikiki hotels that won't break your budget, try any of the Outrigger or Aston properties.

The restaurant suggested is probably The Shorebird, at the Outrigger Reef Hotel:
http://www.outrigger.com/hotels_detail.aspx?hotel=2
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 06:28 PM

We stayed right on the Beach at the Outrigger, a good price, perfect location.
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the help. I think I've narrowed it down to the Aston Waikiki Beach or th Pacific Beach Hotel on Kuhio Beach (which seems to be set away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki Beach itself, yet close enough to still get to it???) and both hotels seem to have better values for their oceanview rooms???? Don't know why I'm having such a difficult time with this!
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 09:46 PM

That whole area is busy. Pacific Beach has the nice aquarium. I haven't stayed in either, but the Aston seems nicer to me.