Waikiki hotel choice

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waikiki hotel choice

Hi! I need some suggestions on the following hotels. I have it narrowed down to four and will stay at two of the four below. Does anyone have comments to help me?
1. Aston Waikiki Beach
2. Aston Pacific Monarch
3. Ohana Royal Islander (condo)
4. Aston Waikiki Beachside

Thanks!
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 03:18 PM

All of these places are in the same area of Waikiki, all are aimed at visitors, all offer approximately the same rates/amenities. It's kinda like comparing apples and apples. 8-)

You might want to check the reviews over at tripadvisor.com
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 04:54 PM

The Royal Islander is a very tiny property, it's in a good location right across from the Reef but its rooms are the smallest I have ever seen in Waikiki. Have they converted to condos?? I hope they combined rooms to make more spacious units!

The Aston Waikiki Beach is also in a good location, way down past the Marriott and across the street from the beach. The rooms were refurbished about 2 years ago. Some of them have great views. It is not a luxurious resort but the price is usually right.
Avoid their Mauka Tower in the rear, really a horrid place to stay.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 05:05 PM

Those hotels usually have good discounts for entertainment card-holders. Check for their "entertainment rate" and if it saves you big bucks you can buy a card at entertainment.com
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

OOps! I meant the Aston Pacific Monarch is the condo, not the Royal Islander! I should add that pricing from the cheapest is Islander, then
Monarch, then Beachside and highest being Waikiki beach at 90.00. I have good travel industry discounts!
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 07:39 PM

Aloha wtg,

We stayed at the Waikiki Beachside in Nov 2002, and LOVED the location. It's certainly not a fancy, high end hotel, but it is clean and fine for "a home base" in Waikiki.

The location can't be beat... directly across from Kuhio Park. In the evenings, the free hula show is right across from the hotel in the park.

If you can swing it, splurge for the VIP oceanfront room. It's a higher floor w/ spectacular views since the hotel is only about 18 floors.

The Beachside is also a nice location further down the beach, but I've read too many negative reviews about the place.

Whatever you decide, enjoy. Happy planning!

Old Aug 28th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks y'all! I am still not decided, but I think I am down to three. I have decided against the beachside. Now, I think I am going to Kaui too for about 3 days. Anyone have suggestions on a small b&b or inn in Poipu area for under 100$?
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 09:26 PM

Stayed at the aston waikiki beach , and agree with posters. A couple of good points is usually free breakfast each day- very nice, 2-1 luau and , if you can get a upper floor with diamond head and ocean view. Aston has a hotel in kauai not real nice but ok. sail
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Okay! I am booked at the Waikiki Beach! But, I am still open to Kauai. I am thinking of the Aston Islander on the beach or the more remote Aston Halalei Bay. The H.B is more deluxe, but for only 3 nights may be a bit out of the way for sight seeing....