Sarah

What is an Entertainment Book?

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 02:40 AM
joan

What is a Vegas?

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 06:24 AM
jen

Joan,

People like you are the reason other people dont like to write one this forum, you get off on making fun of people. If you can't be polite then dont respond.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 07:08 AM
Tom

Jen,

Lighten up and try not to be so thin skinned! Life = fun.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 01:26 AM
Sarah

Jen, I totally agree with you. Im coming to LV soon from London and there are things mentioned on this board that you don't get in the UK. Whats the point of having a board like this if every question that you asks gets mocked.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 01:43 AM
don

If you wanted to know what an entertainment book was, all you had to do was follow the posted link to www.entertainment.com. Seems people here would rather be spoonfed information than take the time to seek it out themselves.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 02:37 AM
jason

I don't understand it either. If Sarah had just gone to the entertainment website url which was posted for all to see, she would've found the answer to her question in a minute. Instead she's been waiting 24 hours and still no answer...

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 04:41 AM
speedo

I propose two basic tenets to follow if one decides to respond to a posted inquiry: 1) Assume the poser is sincere in seeking information; and 2) Provide the information being sought in a civil manner. If either ot both tenets cannot be met then don't respond to the posers request.

message to jen: to might want to consider thanking jbj for the info, (a really qreat response by the way), move forward on planning your LV trip and avoid again opening this thread..

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:33 AM
susanne

I agree with the last post, I am half afraid to ask a question for fear of being ridiculed. Posters are interested in other individuals opinions and experiences, pointing someone to a web site is fine but more personalized replys are better. The Fodors board needs to weed out the smack talk.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 06:18 AM
bettyk

I can see both sides of this issue. I also get tired of seeing the same old questions asked over and over when the information can be found through a simple search either on this site or using www.google.com. On the other hand, I see no need for nastiness. I would simple "suggest" that the person do a search for the info for himself/herself.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:39 AM
Helen

Susanne, I'm beginning to think that Fodors has washed it's hands of this forum.
It's full of nasty, petty people who are getting away with spoiling the very nature of the board.
It is a real shame that even the most innocuous questions provoke such vitriol and I too am often apprehensive about asking for advice.
Anyone at Fodors care to comment?

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:14 AM
speedo

Helen, in my fairly short experience with this forum, I've concluded a couple of things. First, anyone posting a question (or answer for that matter) automatically opens themselves up to ridicule. This cannot be avoided, so if one is sensitive in this regard, then don't post or respond. Second, responses tend to be of two kinds - sincere (on the premise the poster is genuine in seeking help) or vitriolic, (and agressively looking for fault with or to chastise the poster), as you point out.

The way I approach this matter is to: 1) respond only if I believe I might be able to provide useful information to the poster; 2) resist the temptation to engage in debate when I read something I find offensive or rude; but 3) defend the right of everyone to post a question to which they seek a helpful answer.

I enjoy the entertaining escape and informative nature of reading a wide array of questions, and hope those of you who are sincere in your desire to find helpful information, will fear not the chafe and gruel rude individuals wish to provide and continue to use this forum.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:25 AM
ceecee

This would be a great place if people would just give travel opinions and stop the nonsense. Go to a chat room if you want to argue. Some of you guys really get off on insulting people. Stick to travel info because the rest of it is just too stupid for words.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:10 AM
Garrett

Dont listen to these guys that are complaining, they are just uneducated and have nothing better to do then to bug you. They are probably jealous because they can't afford to travel.