Search

vegas

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vegas

Need help with planning, I want this to be very special- I am taking my husband and some friends to Vegas for his 50th birthday. We will be staying 2 nights.

We going to an event at the Mandalay bay. I not sure if we should stay at The Hotel at mandalay bay or the Belliago-the MB seems so far away from everything else.

I am also looking for a great restaurant somewhere fun - he hate french food. Nothing where a jacket is required. Money is not an option. Help!

Old Dec 30th, 2006, 10:07 AM

Bellagio has a better location for your two-night stay; it also has excellent restaurants, as do many other hotels near the Bellagio (such as the Wynn).

Old Dec 30th, 2006, 02:23 PM

I agree. The Bellagio is a better location for a two-night stay and a 50th birthday celebration. There are so many fine restaurants at Bellagio and in Las Vegas. You have many choices. I will let others advise you since I don't have a lot of experience with the high-end restaurants. We usually choose more moderate establishments.

Old Dec 30th, 2006, 10:57 PM

I think that MB is a good location for your visit because you will be attending an "event" there. Not sure if that event is a two-hour show one night or an all-day convention. Whatever it is, staying at the hotel where the event is will be very convenient. Just take the elevator and walk a few steps vs waiting in line for a taxi and riding down the strip (at prime time, if you are going to a show). If you stay at Bellagio then you will have to taxi to MB and back to center strip. If you stay at MB then you could, at your option and when you want, taxi to center strip for the fun to be had there.
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 11:02 PM

If the MB event is just a show and if you choose a restaurant at Bellagio or Caesars or Paris, then Bellagio would probably be better. But if the restaurant you choose is at a different location then it might be just as convenient from either place (i.e. unless it is at MB or Luxor).