Bellagio hotel in vegas

Search

Bellagio hotel in vegas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bellagio hotel in vegas

Has anyone seen the tipadvisor review from the person who posted pictures of rat droppings? ewwww!!! Its changing my mind for where I want to stay while in Vegas.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 04:11 PM

I have not seen the photos but I have been to the Bellagio and knowing what goes on over at TripAdvisor, I would not be that worried.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 04:35 PM

If Bellagio has rat droppings (which is probably questionable) I'd be afraid to find out what the skankier hotels have!! ewww...
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 06:01 PM

http://las-vegas-hotels.tripadvisor....as_Nevada.html

All I have to say is WOW after reading that.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 06:54 PM

Like I said, knowing what goes on over at TripAdvisor, I would not be that worried..especially if I have been to the Bellagio many many times.
I think there must be Fodorites who have been there, I never heard a mouse was found in their room.
Las Vegas does have pretty strict health codes for the hotels and restaurants..
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 07:06 PM

Stay at the Wynn ... the best hotel on the Strip, by far.

www.wynnlasvegas.com

Old Aug 15th, 2006, 07:54 PM

I just came back from the Bellagio and had a fabulous time! Loved everything about the place!
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 07:10 AM

Perhaps this post is from The Wynn.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 08:24 AM

LOL happy!
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 09:07 AM

Bellagio has always been a great experience for us. This, and subsequent other negative posts on TA, which all sound like they have been written by the same person, sounds kind of suspicious to me. We have never had any trouble with the housekeeping at that hotel.

Scarlett, can you expound upon what goes on over at TripAdvisor? I do often check their review, albeit with a grain of salt.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

I wish you'd expound on that also, because I do take the negative tripadvisor reviews seriously.

When we went to London I compared several hotels and made the final decision based on the overwhelming number of good reviews one of the properties had. It turned out to be far less than spectacular. So, although I don't give much credence to the positive reviews anymore, I do pay attention to the negative reviews. (In fact, when I look now at the sheer quantity of reviews to this one hotel in London as compared to others it makes me even more convinced 'someone' is posting bogus positive reviews.)

I guess I can see where it would be easy for a property to post bogus positive reviews, but I just can't see people taking the time to post bogus negative reviews. Especially with pictures.

I can't get those yucky pics out of my head now.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 04:10 PM

If you can't see people taking the time to post negative reviews, then you definitely haven't seen all the troll posts here by bored people trying to stir up trouble.

I have stayed at Bellagio and had a wonderful time, with no housekeeping difficulties, and certainly no evidence of mice. I really can't say that that reviewer didn't have exactly that experience, but I can say that it would be easy to post fake photos. They could have been taken elsewhere, or they could be doctored. They're pretty poor quality pics overall, so I could see that the mouse droppings, etc. could have been added in by someone reasonably skilled at using a program like Photoshop.

I would be more inclined to believe multiple negative reviews (assuming they didn't reek of fakeness as some do) than just one. Despite having fallen somewhat in status in the past years, Bellagio is still considered a very nice property in Vegas. It will be interesting to see if other such negative reviews start turning up, or if this will stand alone.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

perhaps, but I also know that "troll" posts are not always that. I was once called a troll because my question was apparently perceived by some as stupid. Sometimes those so called "trolls" are just honest people with questions....
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 04:40 PM

Stayed at the Bellagio last December for a long weekend. No rat/mouse problems for us.
Now if there were several reviews claiming that, I'd be more inclined to believe it.
Agree with Scarlett.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 05:29 PM

It goes on here a little also- with a poster or two who have a favorite hotel and will post about it. (fine)..but then when someone else gives an opinion on their favorite hotel, the other poster will spend hours with the use of new screen names to bash all other hotels mentioned, bolstering their hotel choice.
On TA it is just a bit out of wack..one might want to read any post where a hotel in Portland Oregon is suggested..hope this helps

Old Aug 16th, 2006, 05:40 PM

hunterblu - Many people are too quick to holler "troll", but be sure, they really do exist. Some posts are just too horrific to be anything but someone looking to ruffle feathers. They get enjoyment out of just doing what is unexpected and watching the reactions.

People who have lots of time on their hands do all sorts of things most of us would find nearly impossible, including posting negative reviews of perfectly good things just for the heck of it.

Again, not saying that the whole mouse and housekeeping thing didn't happen. Just that based on only one review, I probably wouldn't change my opinion of Bellagio, knowing what type of people are out there.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 06:13 PM

I think this can happen at any property, Bellagio to Motel 6 to the Waldorf. What is, or would be unfortunate would be if management knew of this problem and did nothing. The poster on Tripadvisor said management was horrified and immediately upgraded him to a suite. What happened next we don't know, but I have worked at a few hotels on the Strip and I can say that they probably closed the room to maintence and will not allow anyone back in until the problem or "culprit" is apprehended. If surrouding rooms had not complained I doubt they would have alarmed them with a move, perhaps after the suurounding rooms checked out they closed those down as well. Like I said, we don't know exactly what happened next but as someone else mentioned they do take health and cleanliness requirements seriously and will take all precautions necessary. The housekeeping thing is unfortunate and I wonder why the posters room was never cleaned properly. Sounds like he had a bad experience from the get go and nothing was going to fix that.
Even though I read the post, I too, would still recommend the Bellagio as a fine property!
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 07:07 PM

Interesting review. Not saying it didn't happen, but yes, there are some interesting things that go on at TA.

I posted a negative review (nowhere near as bad as this one!) several months ago. Left out a few details that ONLY a hotel employee would know. Sure enough, a "review" appeared a few days later and basically said mine was wrong. I contacted TA with the details and the one written by the employee was removed. So people who work for hotels DO write reviews, as well as people from a competitor trying to disparage another property.

Maggi--There is a poster that posts here as well as on TA that was caught red handed plagiarizing, and is still posting. This poster took an entire travel article from Frommer's and posted it at TA as her own. She was stripped of her "Local Expert" status, but she is still posting like crazy all over the place. So after that I learned to really be wary of many things.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 07:08 PM

I don't really care for Vegas, but come on, I've stayed at the Bellagio and would recommend it without reservation. My mom (verrrry picky and loves Vegas) always stays at the Bellagio.

Apologizing in advance for saying I don't care for Vegas.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 10:49 AM

Two nights at The Bellagio last October in the Spa Tower. Great ... excellent in fact.

No housekeeping issues whatsoever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -