Turtle Bay Hotel Oahu

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turtle Bay Hotel Oahu

Hi!

Been to Hawaii many many many times.

This year we are going to meet up with the rest of the family on the Big Island for a few days.

Before and after we will be flying through Oahu, and decided we'd like a little R&R on the way back through to unwind after dealing with the family!

Been to the North shore before, but only for the day. We were thinking that to get out of the noise and hustle and bustle of Honolulu we might stay at the Turtle Bay Hotel.

I understand it has just undergone a renovation, and was wondering if anyone out there has stayed there since the renovation's completion.

What's it like? Tell us more? What class of room do you have to get to get a decent room/view?

The only island I haven't been to yet is Molokai, so we were considering going there, too, but not sure we want to spend the time and extra money getting there...and what is there to do there anyway? Any suggestions?
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 10:47 PM

If you click on my name you will find a very recent thread about Turtle Bay, just got back a few weeks ago. Also there should be several posts regarding Molokai. I felt the trip to Molokai was well worth it.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 10:54 PM

Specificly my thread # 56 & 200. If you punch in "molokai" in the text search you'll be able to find out much more.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 10:56 PM

specifically- wish there was an edit function on this board.
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 05:23 PM

Like wind??...Lots of wind???
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 07:29 PM

Wasn't very windy at all when I was there..., besides it gets too warm with the humidity otherwise. All of the islands have wind, esp. during the winter.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Travelwifey....

I can find lots of threads that you are in, but none with a description of Turtle Bay...neither when I click on your name nor when I put in the keywords Turtle Bay.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 05:07 PM

Okay, click again on my name. Now go to thread # 68 or now 69 by the time this posts. The title is "Cottages at Turtle Bay Resort, Oahu. Also I posted a travel review on the Fodors hotel Rants and Raves. Please post back when you find it, otherwise I'd be happy to answer any ?'s you may have. Thread # 68 & 69 has a very good hotel review, am just trying to refrain from having to post it all over again, but will if need be. Thanks.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 06:20 PM
tpl

Hi benderbabe,

I started the Turtle Bay thread on 12/20 that TW is referring to. We're leaving in a couple weeks and staying in a cottage at the Turtle Bay. From what I have heard, just about all the rooms are ocean view. Also, I thought the reservations department was really helpful when I called. I'll report back when we return.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks TW! Duh! I think I need to learn how to click the "see next 50 messages" button! Your post was right there!

I understand that the renovations are now complete, so hoping the lobby has improved as well. I get the feeling the room renovations were only soft furnishing renovations however!

My husband is a travel agent, so we usually get some good deals at the chains, but this no longer being a Hilton, we're a bit stuck. We can get a rate for a room, but not for the Cottages...and of course, naturally, we are used to going for the best...so it's hard to not go for the cottage anyway!

What do you think? Cottages much nicer? I'm imagining so, since they're newer than the rooms!

TPL, I look forward to your report too!

Thanks again!
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 06:38 PM

There's really no comparison. The bungalows are like having a private condo along the shore. They are not attached to the hotel. The rooms are probably about 800 sq.feet. I'm sure you'd be just fine in the regular rooms also. We saw many people hanging out on their Lanais. The lobby is fine, but a little dated. Furniture is kinda grungy. But there are beautiful panoramic views of the ocean. Have a great trip!
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 02:04 PM

Hey Bender... Turtle Bay is having a TA promo. Let me know if you want details.
~Laura