Search

Trip to San Diego

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip to San Diego

My family will be visiting San Diego in February. We are renting a house in Ocean Beach, about a block from the beach, and will be there for about five days. What do you suggest that we should do? We are planning on making breakfast and dinner at the house, so lunch is probably going to be the only meal we eat out. Other than the San Diego Zoo, we have no thoughts on what we want to see-any ideas?
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:18 AM

SeaWorld is fun, don't miss spending some time in the La Jolla and Coronado area. Enjoy your trip! ***kim***
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:25 AM

Make sure you spend some time at the msueums in Balboa Park where the zoo is located.
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 09:38 AM

memermouse:

If you have not done so go to www.sandiego.org and request a free vacation planning booklet. You can also get discount coupons on this site and tons of information.

Because you are staying right in Ocean Beach do go out to Sunset Cliffs. You can walk along the cliffs, lots of surfers and the views are fantastic.

You could carry on and visit the Cabrillo Monument.

USS Midway is also a great day out.

We will be in Ocean Beach over the Thanksgiving holiday. It is a wonderful little community.

Sandy

Please post back how the house rental works out etc.

Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies so far!

Sandy- We have rented a house before, in Key Largo, and it was great! Try http://www.vrbo.com/ as it has listings of some great houses.
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 05:18 PM

Five days may not be totally sufficient for visiting all the great attraction of San Diego. But here are some of the must see places:

http://tripladder.com/reviews/read_review?review_id=13

http://tripladder.com/search_reviews...+diego&x=0&y=0

Seaworld

Balboa Park

San Diego Zoo

San Diego Wild Animal Park

Cabrillo national monument

Torrey Pines State Reserve

Coronado Island

La Jolla Coves

Legoland

Maritime museum

USS Midway

Museum of contemporary arts

Old Town

We recently checked out the Gindola rides in coronado cays - not many folks know about this- but its a relaxing short boat ride - venetian style.

http://tripladder.com/search_reviews...&query=gondola

Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:31 PM

I would add to the above list and suggestions: Gaslamp which is the central downtown retail district (very happening), La Jolla (downtown in the village), Coronado around Hotel del, Del Mar around 15th street, Solana Beach walk along Cedros Ave, hiking the beach trail at Torrey Pines and kayaking at La Jolla Cove. You'd need 1-2 weeks to really do it all.
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 11:10 AM

i went to san diego back in may for the Red Bull Air Race(fantastic).. we visited obviously the convention center and all the shops... but if it weren't for the air race i consider unnecessary... i do recommend the Midway! We spent the last day there all morning and had a wonderful day! We didn't get to do the star of india(maybe next time) we went to old town and walked around... we bought my parents some coffee which they found Fabulous! It was their special blend..... we loved walking through old town... we also went to cornado hotel and walked around that was pretty awesome!
My fav and prolly most unforgettable was visiting la jolla and torrey pines!!!
In la Jolla seeing the views and the seals in the wild was magnificent! we didn't get to do the cave because it had a toothache that day but a friend of mine went a few weeks later and said it was great!
In torrey pines if your not into hiking then just walk the beach you won't have the fabulous ocean views from way up but you'll get to see the awesome layers of rock! do be careful if with children many dangerous spots in torrey pines! not for children who will not listen to you, you don't want to have a mishap!

I loved the vacation! we also drove up to la and wish we had stayed those 5 days back in san diego.... we also visited Long Beach! I recommend for your next trip! it was amazing as well
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 03:39 AM

Try to take the Old town trolley hop/on/hop off. This will give you a general view of the most important sites.Paul