Search

Trip to Louisville

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2023, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip to Louisville

My husband and I will be attending a wedding in Indianapolis on August 4th. We are leaving on the 5th and driving to Louisville. We will be staying there and leaving back to SoCal on Wednesday. Looking for suggestions for where to stay and what to do? Would like to go on a blue grass tour and then whisky distillery? I’m a wine drinker but when in Rome…Any suggestions of hotels, restaurants, places to go, tours, etc. would be appreciated.
Old Jun 18th, 2023, 06:08 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved from Tech Support to the US Forum and tagged for Kentucky
Old Jun 19th, 2023, 07:49 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
You might want to visit the Conrad-Caldwell House/Museum. Tours $15/pp for 1.5 hours. Visit the Muhammad Ali Center.
Old Jun 19th, 2023, 09:30 AM

Just south of Louisville is the 16,000-acre Bernheim Forest with 40 miles of trails for walking and biking. https://bernheim.org/about/ A little over an hour southeast is the Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill with 3,000 acres and 34 original Shaker structures. https://shakervillageky.org/
Old Jun 20th, 2023, 05:43 AM

In downtown Louisville, the Brown* and the Seelbach hotels were the grand old places when my late DH's aunt and uncle lived there. Churchill Downs had an interesting museum; the Speed (family name not racing!) Museum excellent; and, in nice weather the big cemetery was gorgeous with plantings. Also read about Louisville Slugger Museum; Distilleries; My Old Kentucky Home; and Kentucky Horse Park.

*Home of the Hot Brown sandwich.
Old Jun 20th, 2023, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Thank you @TDudette. I did make reservations at the Brown and will definitely will have to try the Hot Brown sandwich. As my husband played college baseball I'm sure we will go to the Louisville Slugger Museum. I guess the Blue Grass tour that I want to do is actually Lexington. We will have a car at least driving from Indianapolis to Louisville. Not sure if we need it for the remainder of the trip. Thanks again for the input.
Old Jun 20th, 2023, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Thank you @tomfuller
Old Jun 20th, 2023, 06:21 PM

Lexington isn't far...beautiful country. Enjoy, msrosied! Please let everyone know what you did....and ate!