Search

Traveling question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Larry Bird

Traveling question

I have a question about traveling...why do the officials in the NBA allow today's player to take more than three step while in possession of the ball? This is truly a violation of basketball's traveling rule, so is there any explination to this blatant injustice being done to the game? Thought this would be a good place to ask since it is after all a "travel" board.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:52 PM
y

Why do the refs let Shaq step over the line during a free throw?

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Im

My question: Why don't you two get a life?

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:03 PM
y

That response has been done so many times it's become useless. It has no meaning at all. Get a life, yeah like who cares. Get lost.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Larry Bird

I need to remind you Y that we need to keep the responses "travel" related. So in answer to your question:

Technically, stepping over the free throw line before the ball goes through the hoop is not "traveling". Instead it qualifies as a seperate violation. However, Shaq is an interesting traveling subject, as he often takes more steps than allowed, and therefore does travel often.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:10 PM
try

maybe show time, media, pizzazz, entertainment, not sports. your being too old fashion. refs are part of the beeeg sheeeow, they gonna act the part, play the role, strike the pose, or they gonna be out on their noogins and reffing high school tom foolery. TV land man.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:15 PM
x

Well you do know what team actually won the 5th game in the NBA semis right? Kobe, Shaq and the three refs. I traveled all the way to see them.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:25 PM
yt

ta hand jive for sure it works, oh yeah