Search

traveling alone

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 12:34 PM
joey

traveling alone

Love to travel, wife hates it. Are there any suggestions for someone looking to travel with a group but they tend to be couples. I'm not looking for a singles get together either. No romantic entanglements-just travel.

Not lookinfg for an affair, just like to travel.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 12:38 PM
x

wasn't this already posted the other day?

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 12:46 PM
xxx

X, yes it was and now it is on the Caribbean board also. How many times Joey are you going to post this? It was answered by quite a few people. You got quite a few replies the first time around.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Faina

I did not see any other Joey's posts so I'll answer. My husband doesn't like to travel, so very often I have to leave him at home. Came back from a bus tour a week ago - it was great! You can be as much a part of a group or alone as you wish. A cruise may be another option.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Mary F

My husband doesn't travel either, and I travel alone. I've been to Russia, China, Europe and next Australia. The lonely part is not having someone to share the "Wows" and "look at that". I would never share a room with a friend as I enjoy kicking off my shoes, and enjoying the privacy. There are many tours, and there may be some singles...and you just may all hang out together. However, I've always found couples who will invite you to join them at their table at dinner. The other trick is to always have a book with you. You can enjoy reading alone at your table, and it can turn off someone who may annoy you. There are many tour companies...depending on where you what to see.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 07:49 PM
zita

If you are adventuresome, check with Adventure Center. They go on amazing trips and many people go alone.