Any website for discounts at a Comfort Inn

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 03:26 PM
MrsCheap

Any website for discounts at a Comfort Inn

I hate to sound cheap, but we are traveling over Thanksgiving and the only hotel in the town we are visiting is a Comfort Inn. Rates are 75/night for a room with two beds and a kitchenette (total of 5 in our room--2 adults/ 3 small children). I've looked at hotels.com...hoteldiscounts.com etc...any other site I can look at to get a lower rate than this? Or am I stuck with it.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 04:21 PM
r-travels

I've always enjoyed my stays at Comfort Inns, not a bad experience yet. That said, for the price of each that I've stayed at, $75 for a kitchenette sounds pretty reasonable as is.

Have you gone to choicehotels own site and tried for internetusers, AAA, or 50+ rates? Or CALL the property and see if they can offer a better rate. Many hotels are EMPTY on Thanksgiving, so might be willing to cut the rate a little for a sure thing. My last suggestion would be to check those interstate travelers books you find at reststops ... one roomsavers.com or maybe room-savers.com allow you to print the coupons & present them.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Bev

I have to concur. $75 for a room for 5 sounds DAMN CHEAP in my opinion! Don't stress over cheaper rates as you'll save maybe $10 and it's not worth the aggravation.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Anthony

Your other solution is to stay further away in an adjacent town that has more lodging coices, and thus may have more competitive prices.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 07:59 PM
leon

Did you check the Comfort Inn website to see if they have any discounts for using their website? Also, if you are a AAA member, check www.aaa.com.

You may also want to try Priceline. If it's the only hotel in town and you can bid on a hotel in that town...