Interantional Educational Travel

Aug 7th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Interantional Educational Travel

Can anyone recommend international educational travel tour companies that they have used?
Aug 11th, 2006, 06:13 AM

The only one I've stumbled on focussing on homeschooling high school students going to Europe. The tours are run by GreenLeaf Press.

Aug 14th, 2006, 04:48 AM

There was a post about EF Tours?? Don't know what the EF stands for but maybe you can do a search for it!

Tara
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:32 PM

Happy trvlr,
Please hop over to Fodor's "europe" forum and take a look at the latest entries under the "eftours for students" thread. I had a really bad experience with Explorica this summer. I have accepted that my son made a bad decision on this tour, but I am very alarmed that there does not seem to be much industry oversight on these "educational tour" groups. One might expect a Spring Break tour to Cancun to be on the wild side, but I feel duped into believing that something that presents itself as an educational "Academy", would turn out to basically let the young students roam unsupervised for hours on end in the cities of Europe. I think there are some big safety issues that are not being adressed by the industry, and I'm not sure how one can tell which tour group is telling the truth and which are not.
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

I am not looking for educational travel for students but rather for adults who enjoy learning as they travel, other than elderhostel..
Aug 31st, 2006, 01:51 PM

International Horizons is a very good company. Small tours and a nice pace. Their website is http://www.internationalhorizons.com/
Sep 11th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. International Horizons looks very interesting.
Jan 18th, 2007, 03:03 PM

My friend did a university tour to Malaysia for Biology last year. It was organised with Active Travel www.activeco.co.nz I think the company organises it with their contacts with tour operators in the country you want to visit they dont have them pre organised or anything.
Jan 19th, 2007, 06:52 PM

I've read about US- Russia Global Exchange, but haven't personally used them. They have humanitarian summer trips to the Ukraine for 2 weeks in length
Apr 1st, 2007, 03:00 PM

I travel once with Passports and I didn't like it it at all. There were not organized at all. Tickets come two days before leaving. Caotic.
After that I travel at least ten times with ACIS and I won't change it for anything. You deal with a company that has all the details cover and you always talk to the same person, who really knows you. Thet remind you about every detail. Hotels are excelent. Tours are perfectly plan. I can't imagine any company better than ACIS.
Apr 1st, 2007, 08:50 PM

The website for ACIS is www.acis.com you should check it.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:10 PM

A friend of mine travel with EF and was not happy at all. Hotels are not centrally located.
Jun 18th, 2007, 01:04 AM

Hello everyone,

I just came from Spain one month ago, finished my last year of college in Granada. I think I can recommend you a profesional educational reference,Mester Institute, the school where I studied, offering among turistic infos on the city excelent Spanish language courses, not only in Granada, but also in Salamanca, Tenerife and Seville. Their site is http://www.nidolanguagetravel.com/schools/mester/ . You may find it useful enough to decide to enjoy their courses.
Jun 29th, 2007, 03:27 PM

This is so weird! Tashulina posted twice on this forum, maybe more, i didn't read all threads, but when I clicked on her name, it didn't pull up any "educational" forum's posts!
Jun 29th, 2007, 05:37 PM

Weird uh? maybe she isn't from this world....
: )