Reload this Page >

transportation to the boulders

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:40 PM
stuart

any advice on transportation from the airport in Phoenix to The Boulders? Should we take a taxi or a car service? any advice would be appreciated. Also wondering how much$$ -- thanks so much

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:00 PM
steph

Out of curiosity, why is it that you're not renting a car? The Boulders, as you probably know, is pretty far from most sights, restaurants, shops, etc. and unless you want to be stuck with only the Boulders restaurants and shops, you'll need a vehicle...Just wanted to bring that up. It's a beautiful resort!

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:17 PM
stuart

thanks for the advice. was planning on staying put for a few days at the hotel and renting a car later in the week for day trips etc. I'm there for a week -and want a few days of R&R off the top. Is it worth getting a taxi? or is there a service that is better?

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Edye

When my husband and I went a few years ago, we contacted the concierge in advance who arranged a van pick-up at the aiport. I think it may have been the Boulder's own van that tries to pick up 2 arrivals at a time. It is a fairly long ride to the resort (40 mins?) I don't recall the cost, but it was more reasonable than a taxi. I think a taxi would be pretty $$$$ considering how remote the hotel's location is. We did stay put there for a few days and were not the least bit bored. Enjoy!

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Janet

Unless you'll be exclusively at the resort 24 hours a day, you really should rent a car.
The $$ you'll pay for transport to and from will pay for a couple days' rental, and you'll have the freedom to head into Scottsdale, etc whenever you wish.
Rental rates in PHX are somewhat inflated, but if you check Travelocity.com's rental rate comparison, you'll find some pretty good prices from non-major agencies most times.
The Boulders is waaaay out of the way.
We had our wedding rehearsal dinner there. It's 35 miles from the airport by highway.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 04:48 AM
Tiffany

Besides that, the rental companies tend to charge a weekly rate for anything over 4 or 5 days anyway. It will probably cost you the same amount of money and you would have the convenience to leave, especially to get things like water.