Transportation from Reagan National to Holiday Inn Capitol

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Jess

Hi.
We're flying into the Reagan National Airport and are staying at the Holiday Inn Capitol (end of May). Can anyone tell us how to get from the airport to the hotel CHEAP?
Also, can you recommend any restaurants for two adults that are reasonably priced? The type of restaurant doesn't matter as long as it has good food.
Thanks.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 12:00 PM
mjh

You can take the subway to the L'Enfant Plaza Metro and the hotel is just a block from the station.

Go to washingtonian.com and they have a list of the top 100 cheap restaurants in the Washington area. We've been to a few and they really are good. This is the best source that we Washingtonians go to for reasonably priced places.

May is a wonderful time to visit. Hope you have a great time.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 06:37 PM
r-travels

mjh's suggestion is on-target. I'll add that you wish to catch a YELLOW line (to MtVernon) vs the Blue Line (to Addisson) for the quickest trip - 4 stops from the airport.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:06 AM
sonya

I called the concierge at L'oews L'enfant Plaza (which is where we are staying) and he said a taxi from Nat'l to L'enfant Plaza should run $15-$17. Or try www.bluevan.com for the shuttle service to local hotels which runs about $9 per person. Or, your hotel could probably send a car for you, from L'oews it would have been $25 each way.

We decided to go for the cab. I wouldn't do the metro because we will be carrying luggage and I imagine it would be a real pain.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Big Red

I have carried luggage on the Metro and it is no problem unless you are coming in at either of the rush hours.

Jess...the CHEAPEST way to get from Reagan to the hotel is the metro. The website is dcmetro.com I think. Unless fares have gone up since I was in DC last...it will cost you $1.10