Transportation from Newark

Old Mar 15th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transportation from Newark

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to get from Newark Airport to Manhattan, staying at the Hilton New York and back again to Newark Airport. By air train, shuttle, taxi and the cost? Thank you.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 08:20 AM

Kitty - the train would probably be your best option as far as cost - there is a train stop at the airport, just not sure of the RT cost these days. From Penn Station, you can grab a taxi, which would be a straight shoot up to the Hilton, and not particularly expensive, depending on whether or not you're in rush hour traffic. Don't have any info re: shuttles that go from Newark to NYC - sorry...
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 08:25 AM

i dont think that there is a midtown direct from EWR to manhattan. i am sure that the hotel has a shuttle. otherwise you can take the train to the secaucus station and from there switch to a train to penn station. this is pretty easy. i have taken the train from my home in northern bergen county to EWR and penn station and made the change at secaucus. stay away from the taxis.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 08:39 AM

You take the AirTrain monorail from any terminals at EWR to the Newark Airport Train Station. From there you switch to a NJTransit or Amtrak train to New York Penn Station in Manhattan.

You can buy the ticket while still in the airport terminal or wait until you get to the Newark Airport Train Station. It's $11.55 one-way, and it covers both the AirTrain and the NJTransit ride. More if you decide to take Amtrak.

NJTransit trains will stop in Newark Penn Station. Stay on, and next stop is New York Penn Station.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 12:25 PM

Here are your options

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/egtsfram.htm

Train is probably cheapest although you'll have to get a cab at Penn Station. If you want something simpler, take a shuttle bus and go to Port Authority and from there get a cab (not far). I don't suggest a shuttle bus that drops people at their hotels unless you're prepared for a grand tour of Manhattan while others are dropped off first. I also don't recommend a taxi. If you want door to door service, order a car service ahead of time. There are names listed at the bottom of the page I referenced. Going back, the hotel may have a service.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 06:15 PM

What's wrong with taking a taxi (for 3 people)?
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 07:19 AM

Olympia Bus is $12 1-way/$20 r/t
Children <12 free, leaves from each terminal, and has a stop across from Penn (8th/34th) No stairs or escalators.

http://www.coachusa.com/airporterusa...cation_id=1126