transportation from naples to fort meyers

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:54 AM
jenna

transportation from naples to fort meyers

a friend and i want to explore naples and fort meyers- do we need a car? is there public transportation from one to the other? how long is this trip?? we are twenty years old so we cant rent a car...

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:59 PM
joanie

You need a car to explore SW Florida. I'm not aware of any public transporation system. Good luck.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:03 PM
Patrick

Joanie is very right. Even the airport shuttles have gone sky high. A friend was quoted $65 per person for the cheapest bus he could find from central Naples to the RSW airport. You need a car!!

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:05 PM
Patrick

Sorry, to have posted so quickly. I meant to add that I'm sorry you're too young to get a rental car, but I'm really not sure what the other option would be -- and it is even illegal to hitchhike here! Maybe try to make friends with someone where you're staying and see if they're heading to the other place?

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:08 PM
Nancy

Jenna:

Have you checked with all the car rental companies to make sure you can't rent a car? You are legally old enough to sign contracts, although I know car rental agencies have insurance issues with yougner drivers under 25. You may have to pay more for a rental car, so maybe it is not worth it. I used to rent cars frequently between the ages of 22 and 25, but I guess times may have changed....