Fort Myers Airport Shuttle to Naples

Apr 11th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Fort Myers Airport Shuttle to Naples

I'm flying into Fort Myers on April 21 and just discovered the round-trip fare for airport shuttles to Naples (Pelican Bay) could cost me almost as much as the flight from DC! Does anyone have any recommendations for the cheapest way to get from the airport to Naples? Thank you!
Apr 11th, 2005, 03:52 PM

I think you need a car in this case. They should be real cheap this time of year so good luck.
Apr 11th, 2005, 07:04 PM

Congratulations on learning what I've known for ages as a resident here. When we've had an early morning flight out of Ft. Myers and didn't want to obligate a friend to take us (we live in Naples) we have rented a car from Dollar for the day. Pick up in Naples, drop off in Ft. Myers at the airport. The cost is usually about $39 for the day. Sure beats paying the cost of a shuttle or taxi. Last time I checked they wanted $60 each person. How much are they trying to soak you for?

Are you not needing a car in Naples? Kind of hard to imagine, unless you have another plan.
Apr 11th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

Aha, interesting thought! But can I rent a car at the airport for the day and return it to Naples at such a low cost? I am staying with elderly parents who normally drive me around once I'm in Naples, but it's pretty attractive to have my own car and greater flexibility. I just checked out AAA and I can get a weekly rental (though I'll only be there for five days) for about the same amount I'd pay for the shuttle -- $60 each way plus tip.
Apr 11th, 2005, 07:30 PM

I think you've answered your own question. At those rates I'd get my own car and be done with it. But to answer your other question. Yes, there is no drop off fee in Florida. You can pick up one place and drop off another for the same as a return.

By the way Enterprise has a location right by the Pine Ridge/41 corner at Pelican Bay. I've never rented from them, but that might be more convenient for a one day drop off or pick up than the Naples Airport locations. You might check that out.
Apr 12th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!