Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Has anyone out there been married at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas (or been to a wedding there)?

Has anyone out there been married at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas (or been to a wedding there)?

Apr 8th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

My fiance and I are getting married at the Mandalay Bay Chapel by the Bay on October 17, 2005. I was wondering if anyone out there has been to a wedding or has had their wedding there? I'd like to hear what it was like. Thanks in advance.
Apr 11th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

no one?
Apr 11th, 2005, 05:47 PM

ttt for acsproul.
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:19 PM

First of all, Congratulations and the very best to you and your fiance! And, Yes! My son was married at the Mandalay Bay in August 2002. Doesn't seem that long ago! Anyway, it was great! One thing we really liked was that the chapel was a building all by itself, with a lovely garden-type walkway to get there. They also had a room for the bride and her attendants to wait in until it was time. She wasn't left standing around with the guests. A lot of the Vegas chapels are just sort of "storefronts" with people walking past and seeing everyone sitting or standing around waiting for their turn. We had about 40 people from all over the U.S. attending and had a dinner at the Raffles Cafe inside Mandalay Bay. I was a little nervous (the name made me think of a casual restaurant) but it was very nice! They had us set up along one side with a half wall separating us from the other diners with a balcony overlooking some gardens and music drifting up from one of the outdoor bars. Wait staff was incredibly attentive throughout the meal. Two days prior we were able to order the cake from the restaurant and flowers from a florist shop right in the hotel. Met with someone (can't remember exactly who it was) two days prior to decide on the menu, wine, etc. I had favors they set out for all our guests and also set up a table for the cake, etc.
Whew! Sorry for going on and on but it really was very nicely handled by Mandalay staff. I really think you will be very pleased with Mandalay Bay.
Apr 12th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Original Poster

pjk0326:
Thank you so much for the info!