Search

Transport to Disneyland

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transport to Disneyland

Hi Everyone,

We will be in Los Angeles in March and staying at the Crowne Plaza Beverly Hills. What are our options for getting to Disneyland?

Is public transport a good option in this scenario or do you have an affordable private transfer company that you could recommend?
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 03:45 PM

How many days are you planning to stay in BH and of those days, how many are you planning to go to Disneyland? That will matter. Please give a bit more detail and you will find people on this board very helpful with travel specifics.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 04:00 PM

I really thought I'd replied to this once, but can't find my post. Is there some reason you don't want to just rent a car for the day? That would seem to me to be the simplest, since you'll have to get there and back, with many hours in-between.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 05:37 PM

There is no good public transport that I know of for your plan. Renting a car is the only practical way for your situation. Unless you have the bucks to hire a limo.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Original Poster

We will be in BH for 4 nights and then one more after 4 days in Vegas but only one day/night is planned for Disneyland.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 09:31 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Stay in BH 3 nights, then rent a car and move to a hotel in Anaheim for 1 night, fly out of John Wayne to Vegas. That is the easiest/most practical. Or even IF you've already booked flights out of LAX - I'd still stay a night in Anaheim. Anaheim to LAX isn't a bad drive.

I'd MUCH rather do that than either book a limo to DL and back, or rent a car and drive to Anaheim and back after a long day at the park.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 09:57 PM

Caltrans has been closing the freeway late at night, after D-land closes, between Disneyland and Los Angeles for repairs. The traffic is diverted and may be confusing late at night. I would stay in Anaheim also for the night. Sad but true in Los Angeles, driving is not easy but there are not many other choices.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 11:41 PM

I agree with other posters that spending a night at a hotel near DL is the best option.
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 07:36 AM

another agreement to spend the night in anaheim. If you have the budget - stay @ a Disneyland property - the California Grand is wonderful imo.
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the ideas. The hotel is part of a prize package I have won so really we will have to return to the Crowne Plaza but I think, as we were planning on driving to Vegas we will hire the car a day earlier and drive ourselves to DL and then back to the CP.

We are 4 intelligent adults who should be able to cope with driving on the wrong side of the road, in a strange city. Tell me - if I've driven out of the Gare de L'Est in Paris down to Tours I should be able to handle the drive through Los Angeles. I'm definitely going to get a GPS unit in the car, which should help but I have to say I am rather nervous about driving through Los Angeles. Maybe I'm just too much of a worry wart and it won't be so bad after all.
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM

stormbird, it won't be that bad - just possibly a lot of traffic depending on what time of day and what day of week you go.

My suggestion is that you use your GPS but also listen to the radio (AM1070) for traffic reports.

Los Angeles drivers are actually pretty good drivers - there are just a lot of them.