Search

rent a car?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2015, 04:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rent a car?

Noticed our destination on Disney Land California-) is just a short hop from the airport-Is there any point to renting a car?
Old Aug 14th, 2015, 04:54 AM

I guess it depends on if you are going anywhere else. If so, then you probably need a car. Are you staying on-site, for example? Do you plan on eating a meal outside the park?
Old Aug 14th, 2015, 07:56 AM

I don't know that I'd call a 14-mile distance a "short hop" from (I presume) Orange County Airport (SNA)-- that's the closest airport to Disneyland-- but OK. Short hop it is.

If you are not going anywhere else at all-- just staying on-site--, Doug's right; don't bother with a car, get a shuttle or limo.

If you plan on going ANYWHERE ELSE AT ALL-- anywhere off Disney property--, bite the bullet and rent a car. Distances are deceiving, and Anaheim is frankly not a particularly interesting town outside of the theme parks. Given literally millions of cool things in Orange and LA counties (and San Diego County as well), a car is recommended.
Old Aug 14th, 2015, 11:39 AM

Agree with rjw - if you plan on visiting anyplace besides Disneyland and DCA - like a beach town, or Hollywood, etc.. then you do need a car.
Old Aug 16th, 2015, 06:58 AM

I would not want to be in Southern California without a car.

HTtY
Old Aug 16th, 2015, 07:06 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I absolutely would rent a car for southern California.
Old Aug 16th, 2015, 07:53 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree that a car is absolutely necessary to tour around SoCal. However --IF one is only visiting Disney there is no need at all for a car. I go to LA/Orange County frequently . . . sometimes drive down from Northern CA, sometimes fly and rent a car. But if I'm ONLY going to Disneyland/California Adventure (including Knotts, the Outlets at Orange or a Ducks game, etc.) - I don't need/have a car. Disney makes it sooooo easy w/ shuttles from LAX and John Wayne, and Anaheim and various hotels have useful buses/shuttles to shopping, the arena/stadium

So whether one needs a car almost entirely depends on ones' purpose for the trip