Transfers to and from New Orleans Airport

Old Jul 11th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transfers to and from New Orleans Airport

I have found the Airport Shuttle online and our charges would be $24.00 round trip per person for my husband and myself. What is the approximate cost of a taxi one way from airport to French Quarter hotel? Are there other means of transportation we might consider?
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

anyone?
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 02:34 PM

I remember the shuttle being $13 per person whereas a taxi was $28 per taxi. For two people, for the extra $2, take the taxi. The shuttle stops at other hotels before it gets you to yours.
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response Budman. Enjoy your posts on the Europe forum.

My info on the shuttle is that it costs $24.00 (for 2 or more) round trip. So that would make it considerably less expensive than a taxi for $28.00 each way.

We actually don't mind the stops (if there are any). We just used Super Shuttle in D.C. and only had one stop before our hotel and none on our trip back to the airport. We also have used ParisShuttle and met a very interesting couple that were dropped before us the last time we were there.

I gather then that there are no other ways to get into town from the airport other than shuttle or taxi, or of course the usually incredibly expensive limo.

Thanks again Budman.
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 09:49 PM

For the shuttle it is $24 PER PERSON, round trip for 2 or more people OR $26 for a single round trip. http://www.airportshuttleneworleans.com/
There is the city bus- if you have only a lightweight carry on and can walk several blocks if needed. I take it all the time. $1.60 each way to Elk then you can get a bus/streetcar down Canal or Poydras if needed.
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 10:47 PM

Hello! If you do not know your way around New Orleans, and the French Quarter, I recommend that you not try the bus. The airport is a pretty good distance from the F.Q....the shuttle really is a good way to get to your hotel. The flat rate has some real advantages. However, upon arrival at the airport, you might be able to share a cab with other friendly travelers that you may have met - otherwise stick to the shuttle. And have a fabulous time - New Orleans is a great city (you have heard about the humidity, haven't you?)!
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 09:22 PM

I live in New olrenas, and the taxi is a flat rate from the airport to anywhere in Orleans parish - $28 for 2 people, but don't forget to add a tip. I've never used the shuttle because I don't live downtown or by the Quarter. Let you budget and the expertise of the airport employees be your guide.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 09:37 AM

you might as well just go on priceline and rent a car for $20 a day.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 09:52 AM

I wouldn't want to drive in New Orleans, especially in the French Quarter. I would hate to find out what the parking costs were.

Take a taxi or the shuttle.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 10:50 AM

We were in NO for a week and never once missed not having a car. In fact, we were quite happy that we didn't have one, esspecially when we saw that parking was really tight and the meter maids appeared to be very efficient. On our nect trip, we might rent a car for a day or 2 for a trip outside the city.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 11:01 AM

Car in N.O. is a very bad idea unless you really NEED a car.

The airport shuttle and cab are approximately the same price. Take a cab and be done with it. Do not try the city bus. I found the local busses to be irritating, at best!
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Original Poster

Just got back from Honolulu this evening and found all these new messages. Thanks to all of you.

We haven't been to New Orleans for many years, but think we will be able to get around the quarter without much trouble. We don't plan to rent a car. The only time we did this was for short term to drive to Oak Alley and San Francisco Plantation. Agree driving in the quarter would be awful (parking as well).

Guess it's either shuttle or taxi, and may just take a taxi, since apparently I read the shuttle site incorrectly if it is $24.00 per person.

Thanks again to all of you!