Search

Too Late for Dells?

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Late for Dells?

My married children asked if we'd be interested in going to the Wisconsin Dells with them & grandkids this August. What are the chances of getting a room at a decent, fun, waterpark resort?
I'm thinking it's too late.
Also thinking we might start out our vacation with them but then this Grandma & Grandpa might head up to Door County for relaxation.
Any thoughts? I like planning vacations a year in advance so this last minute stuff isn't for me.
Old May 17th, 2004, 08:16 AM

There are a ton of waterpark resorts with thousands of rooms in the Dells. No problems getting a room. Also in August the independent outdoor parks (such as Noahs Ark) are available and preferable because of their size.
Likewise Door County has many accomodations available on short notice.
Old May 17th, 2004, 08:51 AM

My sister goes annually to the Dells in summer and normally books a few weeks in advance. With both Door County and the Dells, there may be certain night minimums in summer but normally there are rooms available. Some of the nicer waterparks are Great Wolf and Kalahari (added a spa for adults) but I would get a Dells info packet to check others. Noah's Ark does not have lodging and is best when the weather cooperates. The larger hotel/parks have indoor options in case summer rains are a factor. If you do Door County, try to get out on the water....from that view, many people say it compares to Cape Cod. And Door County will offer more in "relaxation" since it is more adult-oriented.
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:05 AM
kkj

You should be fine getting rooms in both places. Now, if you were going to Door County during fall foliage time, it might be difficult.
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:23 PM

They just keep building more and more rooms (and other stuff) in the Dells. I see no problem at all finding a decent bed.
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:23 PM

oops...

try out the Wilderness...looks great!