Reload this Page >

Things to do in Orlando

Search

Things to do in Orlando

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Scott

Things to do in Orlando

Other than the obvious (WDW and Universal)...what is there to do? Just need ideas....traveling with kids (age 7 and 8)

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Vince

Scott, I definitely recommend seeing Cirque du Soleil's 'La Nouba' that plays at Downtown Disney. This show is incredible for both kids and adults, and your trip will be much fulfilled just by seeing this show alone without even attending the theme parks. Enjoy your trip.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 04:45 PM
loangalsal

Another vote for Cirque de Soleil, it was wonderful. We also loved the Sunday gospel brunch at House of Blues, but be sure to get a reservation if you go.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 04:47 PM
Postal

Be sure to check the online auctions like Ebay before you pay full price for the tickets - I've gone to the show twice, never paying more than half the normal price (which is about $65) because I bought the tickets on auctions.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Jimmy

Living in Miami we visit Orlando on a daily basis. I would recommend taking the kids to one of the resorts and renting these small 2 seater boats called Water Mousese. They are a blast and you get to ride in the lakes overlooking the main entrance of Disney and all the resorts. You dont have to be staying at the resort to rent them. I recommend renting them at Fort Wilderness, they seem to be of better quality and also while at Fort Wilderness you can take the kids on a Horseback Ride which is about a hour or two. They also have a petting zoo and rent other things as well (ie Cannoes, 2-4 people bikes, etc.)

Also if you want to venture out of Disney grounds you have Midevil Times, where you can have a Dinner in a castle with a show (you'll be eating with your hands to keep with the theme). Along International Drive there are numerious Outlet Stores and mini attractions (Ripley's Belive it or not).

If your kids like Dolphins and such I recomment Sea World also. if you do go I'd recommend the backstage tour. As about it at the entrance. They'll take you to the back where you can see there tanks where they help out injured animals and it's a more personal feel.

Also about 2 hours away you can reach Bush Gardens in Tampa. And the other direction about 2 hours as well is the Kennedy Space Center.

Jimmy

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 04:01 AM
wondering

Jimmy, you visit Orlando from Miami on a daily basis??????????

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 04:42 AM
IH8I4

Another vote for Discovery Cove and swim with the dolphins. Make your reservations now, if even available. Gatorland is a long-time standard. Also, airboat rides are avail in Christmas and Bithlo (east of Orlando). Talk about a tast of real Florida!

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 09:00 PM
xxx

Last time we went to Orlando we went to the Arabian Knights dinner theatre. If you love horses you'll enjoy the show.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Will

I live in Orlando. Try to see some of Orlando itself. Most tourists come here and never even go to Orlando. Disney is in far out unincororated areas of Orange and Osceola counties. Disney is 30 minutes plus from Orlando. Go downtown to Church St/Wall St/Thornton Park or to Winter Park's Park Avenue. Also, you could go to Blue Springs State Park in Orange City where you can see some manatees, alligators and other wildlife as you walk around. You could also get on the beeline (SR 528) and head east to Brevard county in about an hour where you could go to the beach and visit the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.