Melrose Hotel in Dallas

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 01:55 PM
jan

Melrose Hotel in Dallas

Has anyone stayed here? Any thoughts? Thanks j

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Yolanda

Lovely property. Great restaurant, too, called the Landmark. The Library Bar is a Dallas tradition...a lot of the Cowboys players hang out there.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 02:00 PM
S Johnson

Beautiful Old Hotel in a cool part of Dallas. The Library bar is quite hip too.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 02:04 PM
jan

Thanks - I'm going to make reservations right now. Any suggestions for great food in the area other than the hotel?

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Hilary

Jan just a word of warning you in the heart of Gay Central. Do not go anywhere on Cedar Springs. It is rather dangerous as well at night. The Melrose is at the corner of Oak Lawn and Cedar Springs. Up the road on Oak Lawn at Rawlins (across from Seven Eleven) there is Eatzzi's which is Gourmet take out. It is not a restaurant but you can eat outside or by the sandwich bar. Great sandwich bar and great salads (they make it for you) I recommend that for lunch if you dont want to pay $$$$$. As far as other restaurants what type of food do you like?

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 07:09 PM
texasgirl

Jan, yes, the melrose is close to Oak Lawn, an area with lots of gay clubs and restaurants, but I don't see it as particularly dangerous _ in fact there are so many people around at night that i always feel quite safe there. some fun bars there as well that get a mixed crowd, especially earlier in the evening. As for food, i'm presuming you'll have a car _ couple places I like are Steel for sushi and pan-asian;
Abacus for seafood and some Asian influence; Samba Room for cuban. York Street gets high marks from my friends but I haven't been. all these are fairly pricey; if you want something more reasonable or something specific, just ask...

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Hilary

I am a 35 year old native Dallasite and have lived here all of my life. I know gay men who have told me about the muggings down there..you have to be careful. Just ask anyone with Dallas Police department they will give you the stats...during the day should not be a problem but at night it is a different story

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 07:11 AM
jan

Thanks - I'm going to make reservations right now. Any suggestions for great food in the area other than the hotel?