The Registry or Ritz-Carlton, Naples??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, we were all set to stay at the Ritz and then our friends said to also look into The Registry. Has anyone stayed at both??? I would appreciate any info.

Also, what views are recommended. For when we are going, the Ritz coastline view is $339 and Gulf view is $369. The Registry is $199 - $229 for partial view and around $300 for full view. Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 01:49 PM

The RC is one of the 5 best RC's in the entire chain.
The Registry is a decent resort which is on no one's top 200 list in the USA.
I haven't stayed at the Registry, nor would I after staying at the RC.

Now if cost is a major issue, that's potentially another story. But if you can afford to stay at the RC, this is a hands down, no question comparison. Truly like comparing a gourmet meal to a typical Las Vegas buffet.
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 01:58 PM

We have stayed at both. The Ritz is far superior . Nicer rooms, nicer pool, service, grounds, views, etc. Registry is a very good hotel but no comparison to Ritz. One thing in particular I didn't like about the Registry was that is was set back from the ocean - separated by a long boardwalk over wetlands. They actually ran a shuttle from the hotel to the beach. Pool and grounds were unimpressive compared to Ritz.
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I will go with my original plan and stay at the Ritz. How about the view??? Is the coastline view very bad, or should I spend the extra money and stay in the gulf view room??? We probably won't be in the room all that much because we are visiting friends.

Thanks.
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 05:35 PM

Sounds to me like you've answered your own question!
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 07:45 PM

Regarding the view, I'm a little confused. One of the big deals when they built the Ritz here was that all rooms faced the Gulf, so I'm not sure what the difference is between a gulf view and coast view. I will mention that lower floor rooms might have their view of the gulf somewhat blocked by trees, but all rooms really do face the gulf. And I'd rather look up or down the coast than look straight out to the gulf which especially at night is nothing but a big void!
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 08:56 PM

Patrick, I believe there are rooms (2 or 4 per floor, can't recall) on the ends of the building which face either directly up or down the coast (north/south). Those are designated coastal view rooms, though only the lowest ones actually have less than optimal views.