RITZ CARLTON NAPLES GOLF RESORT

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM
CINDY

RITZ CARLTON NAPLES GOLF RESORT

We are considering a summer vacation to the Naples area this summer.We have the option of staying at the Ritz Carlton Beach resort or the new Ritz Carlton golf resort which is 3 miles away. For the price of a non-view room at the beach resort, we can stay at the golf resort in a suite. We can utilize the Beach property during the day including their spa and pools. Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort? If so what was your experience?

Thanks for your feedback.

Cindy

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:53 PM
Patrick

Cindy as a Naples resident I've not seen the rooms at the very new Golf Resort, but only the public rooms which are nice. Are you playing golf?
The biggest drawback I can see is that you mention summer, which you probably know is normally unbearably hot and humid in Naples. The only real relief from that are the Gulf breezes, making a stay at the beach location a whole lot more pleasant than the Golf resort.

I'm also confused by what you mean by a "non view room" at the beach resort. When the hotel was built one of its greatest features is that every single room faces the Gulf. Perhaps your room would be rather low, hence not a great view, but it is news to me that there are such things as "non view" rooms there at all.

This may not be the greatest help, but a couple things to consider.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:08 PM
Steve

Unless you plan to play golf I would recommend the Ritz Carlton Beach resort. It is one of the best resorts in the U.S. Why do you want to drive to the beach everyday when you can just stay there. The rooms at the Ritz Beach resort are quite large and beautiful and as the poster above said there are no non-view rooms. All rooms have an ocean view. We stayed in the cheapest category - coastal view - and we had a great view from our balcony. It is a sideways view rather than straight on but still very nice.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:57 PM
Sherry

Cindy, I agree with the above posts. Naples in the summer is very very hot!
I wouldn't consider staying inland personally at that time of the year when you can stay on the beach. If you are not going for the golf, I wouldnt stay there, and even if you are golfing, I would prefer driving to the golf course and coming back to the gulf resort, rather than the other way around. Hope this helps.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:55 PM
frank

Cindy, there is a reason the Golf Resort is cheaper.
Think about it.
Everyone wants to stay at the beach, especially in summer.
Have you ever been inland in FL during summer?
Yuck!
The Golf Resort does not sell out like the original hotel, and there are several reasons why.
Location is the biggest, but not the only reason.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 04:28 AM
cindy

Thanks to everyone for all your help! I think the beach resort is the right choice.

Cindy

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 05:46 AM
cindy

Anyone have any recommendations for moderately priced restaurants in the Naples area?

Also, has anyone been to the Naples Museum?

Thanks,

Cindy

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Patrick

Are you referring to the art museum at the Naples Philharmonic? I hang my head in shame that I haven't been. Isn't it the way it is -- travel all over the world to visit art museums, but not see the one in your own backyard.

Tell me what you mean by moderate, Cindy, and I'll list a bunch. Mostly in Naples, I find it hard for two people to do two courses plus either a bottle of wine or two drinks or glasses each for less than $100. The notable exceptions are the chains, like PF Chang's, Carabba's, etc. But there are some around.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 07:11 AM
curious

Cindy,
Before Patrick spends any more time thinking about and writing about your request for info for restaurants, have you decided if you are actually going to Naples this summer, or are you still just deciding.
Only asking because I see you have also put out questions on Arizona. Once you have made a decision, maybe then you could ask for more specific info.