Ritz-Carlton in Naples

Search

Ritz-Carlton in Naples

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ritz-Carlton in Naples

Has anyone been? How is it? Are there activities to do there? Will it be warm enough to sit by the pool at the end of Feb?

My DH has a conference there and I am considering joining him. I could use a getaway, but as there are no spouse's events (whew!), I will be on my own most of the day.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 05:33 AM

Hi Lisettemac--there are two Ritz Carlton Hotels in Naples, FL. We stayed at the RC golf last year and it was wonderful. There's also a RC beach resort with a shuttle that runs between the two hotels. I tagged along with my husband who went there for a meeting, took the shuttle to the beach resort (about 10 minutes away) and sat on the beach and read. Also, the beach resort has really nice shops! I would go again in a second--we had a lot of fun and ate a lot of great food!
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 05:42 AM

Hi,
We didn't stay but went in and snooped around the RC beach hotel and it did look very nice. We were staying at a smaller place up the beach They have a nice outdoor tiki covered resturant that we had very good burgers and drinks.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

This looks like the beach resort, not the golf resort. I figure it's a Ritz, how bad can it be, right???
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 05:50 AM

posted on it's own - sorry.
Their beach is pretty but not too large and with all the scheduled activities it didn't seem too restful. If your lucky, you'll see dolphins playing in the turquise water. Feb. can still be cool but the pool seems protected enough, that it should be ok mid day, at the very least.
Good Luck;
Sherry
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 06:33 AM

The beach hotel is beautiful from what I saw of it! The pools are large and there's a huge porch with rocking chairs....lovely interior with an area for high tea. When I was there the beach was very quiet compared with the pool area which seemed rowdy at times.

The linens were so fine I ordered them and a feather mattress for home! Enjoy!!
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 07:21 AM

I accompanied my husband to a conference there a couple of years ago and had a very nice time.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:55 AM

We have stayed at the Beach Hotel a number of times and it is beautiful and service is wonderful. If you can manage to stay on Concierge Level that is a plus. Have fun!!