The Plaza NY 4/24-4/27

Old Jan 11th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Plaza NY 4/24-4/27

My husband just told me that he booked The Plaza for three nights in April for our anniversary. I've been looking at reviews over the internet and all of them are awful. I was excited, but now I'm nervous. Has anyone been there and liked it?
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 10:56 AM

The location is great - but the regular rooms are quite small - and some are dark/need redecoration. Suggest you switch the resies to a suite - or try another hotel.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 10:59 AM
GoTravel

You'll love the hotel but let me give you some tips to insure you have a super stay.

Join the Fairmont President's Club. I believe they'll give you two free upgrades.

Call the hotel and let them know it is your anniversary. Ask them to note this on your reservation.

Check in early. Be exceedingly polite and remember, that front desk person does have the power to upgrade you. Kiss butt. Smile.

Ask the front desk person checking you in if it is a nice room? Does it have a view? Above all, mention your anniversary.

If you can afford it, go ahead and upgrade to a suite. The standard Run of the House rooms on the lower floors are the worst.

The hotel public areas are enchanting. You'll love the hotel.

Old Jan 11th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

GoTravel:

I just enrolled in the Fairmont Presidential Club. Should I call them with my membership number or just tell them when I check in? Thank you for the advice.

Old Jan 11th, 2005, 11:32 AM
GoTravel

Call them and let them know. While you are on the phone with them, ask them to note on your reservation that it is your anniversary.

A couple days before you arrive, call the hotel front desk around 9PM (should be a slow time) and talk with someone. Tell them it is your anniversary, ask (don't be pushy) if the hotel is full, if there is a possibility of an upgrade, if it is noted on your reservation it is your anniversary.

Old Jan 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to do that.