Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

the new Marriott Baltimore Waterfront's location

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:24 PM
goNets

Hi. I'll be visiting Baltimore in late June, and I found this hotel has availability. The catch is that we want to stay at the Inner Harbor, but the description of the place says this is across the Habor downtown area. The specific address is 700 Aliceanna Street.
The description goes on to say that there's a water taxi right outside the place. My questions are:
--Is there some sort of problem with the area across the Harbor, or is it nice too?
--How often and how late do the water taxis run?
--How much do the water taxis cost?
The place looks like a great location, but I don't want to be trapped in some sort of business park across the harbor from the action.
Thanks

Old May 4th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Shelley

Stayed at this hotel recently and loved it. We live in DC and wanted to meet some friends from NJ in Baltimore for the weekend. Also got a great rate $119. Had a room that was glass on two full walls!! Beautiful view of the harbour. The water taxi runs all the time an dlate into the night. The hotel is RIGHT there, though. You can walk to the aquarium, restaurants, etc.. the taxi is fun, though at night. Don't worry. It is by far one of the nicest hotels down there (other than the Harbour Court which is the best!). ENJOY!

Old May 5th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Nikki

It's a nice Marriott (750 rooms) on the far side of Inner Harbor but you are there on the water. The water taxi is $1.50 (I could be wrong but I think you can ride all day for that amt.)
Eat some hard shell crabs in fells Point and later, for dinner, get a cab to Li'l Italy and eat some great Italian food. Have a ball!!!

Old May 6th, 2002, 10:13 AM
goNets

thanks for the responses. To be honest $189/ night was significantly more than I was hoping to spend ($110/ night was goal), but this was actually the lowest rate I found in Inner Harbor. Days Inn is already booked up. It's good to know that the place is nice. Since it's new I figured it would be.
Looking forward to this little getaway.
See ya.

Old May 6th, 2002, 10:30 AM
thea

FYI

I just booked a room for July 15 for Baltimore's Inner Harbor on Priceline -- I asked for a 4-star hotel and I got the Hyatt Regency for $80. It's worth a shot and I'm fairly sure that there are no "bad" 4-star hotels in the Inner Harbor.

Old May 6th, 2002, 11:16 AM
goNets

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 07:10 PM
cher

great hotel 5 minute walk to harbor place. 2minutes to mo's seafood place, mccormick & schicks, a great steak house and a diner. also very near to fells point, bertha', & little Italythe hotel has three sides and three great views. we stayed on the 32nd floor facing the inner harbor. great room service we recommend