Search

Thank you Houston and San Antonio!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:41 PM
LN
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Houston and San Antonio!!

It's time to say that kudos and praise should go out to the people in Houston and San Antonio. Lots of people can B$#%@ and gripe about this disaster but you stood up and offered thousands your hospitality.

My hat goes off to you and I hope someone opens up a site for contributions to assist these welcoming cities with the added costs that will occur.

I'm sure that in the next few days many other cities will offer shelter, food, and a warm welcome to those who went through Katrina.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:47 PM

Other states are taking them in as well - including Georgia. A large group just arrived in my county.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:49 PM

And Dallas!

Don't Mess With Texas!

Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:55 PM

And I will add my comments from last night...

"Rave: The good people of Texas who are offering refuge to 25,000 in the Astro Dome and 25,000 in San Antonio, as well as people across the US who are providing help."

Jorr
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:11 PM
P_M

Let's not forget my home city, Austin!! I just heard on the local news that we are taking in 5,000 evacuees. I hope they will be happy and comfortable during their stay. If they have no jobs or homes to return to, then I hope they will find a good life here in Austin.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:07 PM

I have to admit that I although I am very far away, most of my family is in Houston and I visit there yearly. I have been very proud of my home town, as well as my home state, over the last couple of days. And, I also offer kudos to all the other wonderful cities and states opening up their hearts to those displaced in this tragedy.

My sister brought it all home for me when I was on the phone with her last night. I had tears in my eyes when she told me that the local news showed people at the Texas/Louisiana state line (where the sign says "Welcome to Texas") ready and waiting with food and water for those who need it.

My only regret is that I can't be there myself to assit with all those in need.

God Bless Texas and God Bless the USA. We will make it thru this.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:34 PM

Texas really stepped up and I'm sure other states have, too. It was uplifting to hear of such generosity.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 07:40 PM

Don't forget Baton Rouge; we're taking in a few, too. Our population has doubled overnight.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:01 PM

Passed by the Astrodome on the lightrail getting off work this afternoon. Massive traffic jam around the area due to people driving to the dome to volunteer.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:37 PM

WOW! The actions of the good folks in Texas bring tears of gratitude to my eyes for those folks in Louisiana.

Again, WOW! Congrats and thanks to Texans for being such an inspiration to the rest of us.
Old Sep 3rd, 2005, 04:41 AM
OO

Thank Canada too! (I don't know where that thread has gone.) I saw news footage last night of a medical flight delivering patients here (San Antonio.) It was an Air Canada flight.

I'm afraid what we've see so far of this disaster is just the tip of a growing iceberg.