Technical question regarding Mapquest

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2006, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used Mapquest for directions for ages and like it, but recently whenever I bring up directions the map part at the bottom of the page is blank. It shows the scale and adjustments but there is no actual map image. I went to settings and it has street map set as default. I can click the individual maps for each segment and they appear fine. What am I missing here and why has this changed? Anyone else have this issue?
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

Oh, and one other thing. When did they start background music for mapquest? I'd rather have the maps than elevator music.
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 08:24 AM

I have the same experience. I believe the page tells you that you might not be using the optimal browser to use all Mapquest's features. However, if you click on 'printer-friendly' version, the map will be revealed...at least it is for me.
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

How funny. And how easy. You're right. As soon as I clicked on PrinterFriendly the map appears. Never had to do that before, but no problem. I had been trying both Internet Explorer and Firefox in case it was a browser problem, but neither seemed to work.

On the other hand, I think this "no map" thing started happening when they added the aerial view image option. I can't bring up either a map or aerial view image on the regular page, and there is no aerial view image available on the print page.
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 10:39 AM

I have had that happen also. What I found works for me is I hit the refresh and don't touch the computer until it finishes loading.

I don't know if this is the actual problem, but it always seems to miss loading the part of the map that's not showing on my map - and I usually start scrolling before it's done loading just to get the blank portion. If I reload and wait for it to finish, the entire map appears.
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 11:29 AM

I also had the map not appearing lately but as of today, it has been working. They have a new "draggable" map which may have caused it.