Wisconsin Honeymoon Ideas?

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wisconsin Honeymoon Ideas?

I'm getting married the first weekend of November in Madison. We would like to spend 2-3 days on a mini-honeymoon somewhere within a few hours of Madison.

Any suggestions!?
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 05:08 AM

You could try our the Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan, about 2 years old. The American Club in Kohler is popular and very nice. Then there are the resorts in Lake Geneva: Grand Geneva, Abby, Lake Lawn, etc. Of course the Dells is close by: Wilderness, Kalahari, Black Wolf, tons more. If the above are too "water parky" for you...

For a romance, I would probably lean toward Door County...too many to list but easy to find.

Of course Chicago and Milwaukee are within a few hours if you are leaning toward a city destination.

Off the beaten path, the Don Q Inn in Dodgeville has some really interesting, quirky suites.

A little more about your likes could help narrow it down.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 05:54 AM

Hands down choice for us would be Sundara Spa in the Dells. We've stayed 4-5 times already. It is world class and less than an hour from Madison. From the comment books we've read in the rooms, lots of couples have spent wedding nights and/or honeymoons there.

Let me know if you have any questions about the spa. I'd be happy to answer when I can.

Kevin
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 03:11 PM

The first weekend of November has no appeal to me as far as the outdoors go. I head in about Nov. 1st and only venture out for deer hunting around Thanksgiving. So do most others. It is a rather dreary time. I would head to Milwaukee and explore the various city cultural attractions. Racine as well. Chicago is another option. Possibly do all three. I would opt for an urban honeymoon.
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 03:28 PM

I like the American Club too.

Canoe Bay is supposed to be nice, but
I'm not sure its worth the big bucks in November. Its pretty expensive.
http://www.canoebay.com/
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 07:55 PM

We have stayed at CanoeBay and The American Club and both are fabulous. You can't go wrong with either one. Enjoy whatever you decide.
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 09:00 PM

I stayed at Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan last month. I got a very room rate and the facility was nice for an evening. But I wouldn't think that there'd be enough appeal for a honeymoon destination. There's just not that much to do in the immediate area.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 05:34 AM

Hotel Metro in downtown Milwaukee has really cool suites. DH took me there for my 40th birthday.

The bathrooms are awesome with 2 person tubs. You'd be right in the heart of downtown.

BTW I had a dusting of snow on my car this morning - I'd plan indoor activities.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 05:43 AM

I'm not sure if Cedarburg is close enough for you. My husband and I found the Cedarburg Inn very romantic. That was 10 years ago...
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 05:51 AM

American Club in Kohler, WI. It's within driving distance of other places to explore, and is very very nice. It's where we become engaged.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 07:29 AM

The Washington House Inn in Cedarburg is also very nice. We had a room with a hot tub upstairs. Very romantic.
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 02:06 PM

I am absolutely crazy about Door County ...in the summer.I've never been in the cooler months. What are you looking for? Lots of people & things to do or lots of quietude and scenery? Door County is exceptionally scenic.

Milwaukee or Chicago if you are looking for lots of activity and people.

The American Club in Kohler has a wonderful spa and some great restaurants and some great shops. I think it still has a 5 star rating.

The Blue Harbor Resort is quite near Kohler and it looks quite nice butI haven't stayed there. I think it has an indoor water park, so I'm wondering if there may be a lot of kids running around the halls....not very romantic.

Galena, Il. is a very quaint old town with lots of nice little shops and a large resort nearby (although I prefer the B&B's). Several good restaurants and close to the Mississippi for scenic drives. An hour and 40 minutes from Madison.

Congratulations. Hope you find just the right spot.