Search

taxis/luggage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Alice

taxis/luggage

My friends and I (4 of us) are flying into JFK next week. We would like to share a taxi into the city but are worried that it won't be possible because of our luggage.

How many suitcase can a yellow cab take? Can you hold a grip-bag on your lap?

Thanks

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 03:49 AM
z

Depends on size of the bags.
It can certainly hold 4 or 5 21 inch carry on bags. Yes, you can hold a grip bag on your lap.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Flynn

When you arrive at the taxi line at JFK, try to get the newer 'jeep' style taxi; they have lots more room for luggage.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 02:41 AM
Cindy

Alice, why not call ahead...and arrange for a town car to pick you up? It should have plenty of room for you and your friends, you won't have to worry. It was basically hassle-free when we did that.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Jeanne

Alice,
I think you might be able to snag a van, if you're lucky. On a couple of occasions, we've ended up in a taxi/van, just because that's what showed up at our point in the taxi line. If you've got a group with a lot of luggage, it's possible that the taxi line guy will get a van for you. Maybe somebody more knowledgable will comment on this. Yes, you can hold a small bag in your lap. I have a small carry-on with a handle that I've never had a problem taking into the taxi and holding on my lap.