Superbowl

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Bucco Bruce

Superbowl

Ok, Philly fans will rage that I'm thinking about Superbowl tickets just yet but I need a little time to plan ahead in case we do win next weekend.

Superbowl tickets - when I look for them online there are numerous ticket agencies selling them with the cheapest seats running about $1600 each.

How do these agencies get the tickets and how do they sell them so much higher than face value (legally)?

thanks - a Buc fan! any ideas of how to get tickets?
is it possible to scalp tickets under $500 at the game?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 07:57 AM
x

Easy, demand vs. supply.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Ryan

Both team's in the SuperBowl are given an allotment that it can sell to its fans. I was at the game in Tampa 2 years ago on corporate tickets. But, there were plenty of Giant fans that had purchased game packages from the Giants travel agency Big Blue Travel.

The package included hotel, airfare and a game ticket. If the Bucs have a travel agency that usually sells packages for road games, they'll probably have something available.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Barbara

Bucco Bruce, teams which make it to the Superbowl are usually allotted fewer tickets than they have season ticket holders, so the Superbowl tickets are "given" to the season ticket holders, often in a lottery. If you aren't a season ticket holder of either of the teams, or the host team, then you have virtually no chance of getting a face value ticket. This year, the face value is $400, with some at $500.

There's always Ebay. There really isn't anywhere in Qualcomm where you'll get a bad view, but FYI, the main scoreboard is at the east end of the field.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Bucco Bruce

Thanks for the information.
I know each team gets a certain allotment and the season ticket holders can use the lottery but does anyone know how many are alloted to each superbowl team?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Al Davis

Chuckie, who's your daddy?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Ryan

If I remember correctly, the Giants received about 10,000 tickets for the game in Tampa. Something like 75% went to season ticket holders and 25% went to sponsors and corporate types.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Lois

I was living in Miami back in 1989 when SF beat Cincy-I bought one ticket.. I wasnt going to miss it! I went through a broker and paid 375.00 for it.
I didnt need hotels or anything because I lived there at the time.
There are ticket brokers all over!
When I paid for it, it went on a CC and the company was actually in CALIF so thats how it was done legally.
Good Luck!

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 07:10 PM
howitzer

in case you do win?
forget it....the cold inhospitable cement hell of the vet stadium and mcnabb and his crew will have you praying to saint petersburg for a quick flight home.
bon voyage!