Yankees Tickets-Scalpers?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some friends and I are thinking of taking in a Yankees game this Friday when we arrive in NY but there are no tickets left on the website. Is it safe to go down to the stadium hoping people will be selling tickets. I dont want to pay an arm and a leg. I live near Milwaukee and there are ALWAYS seats available. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 05:12 PM

There will be scalpers but you need to be careful with them..make sure the ticket is real, etc. And, of course it is ilegal, but it does go on outside the stadium. But you will pay a lot since it is vs the Angels. You can also check a website where season ticket holders put up their tickets for sale...I think it is called stubhub.com.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 05:37 PM

I often purchase tickets just before the game from scalpers outside the stadium. Look for the sports bars under the train -- you'll find plenty of options there.

The fake ticket worry -- everyone mentions it, but I've never had a problem and no one I know has ever bought a fake. Perhaps it's an urban legend?

Price -- I rarely pay above face value, usually below. Obviously don't accept the 1st offered price, and WALK AWAY if you don't like what you hear. Often the person will chase you down and sell. Finally, buy early or late. Demand is highest about 30-45 minutes before the 1st pitch, so the prices are as well.

Good luck & Enjoy!
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 05:48 PM

Also check ebay there might be tickets available as well.

When you get to the stadium check the ticket window as there may be some tickets available game day.

Have a GREAT time.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for all of your advice...I will go down there and see what I can find, at least then I can say that Ive seen Yankee Stadium!
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 04:28 AM

The stadium is great, you should have a lot of fun. I only went to one "live" Yankees game but loved it (and had terrific seats--I worked part time in a ski shop and the owner also had another business that he co-owned with Bill White, so Mr. White gave us his tickets for the game...box seats behind home plate!)
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 05:54 AM

Since you are going to the stadium on Friday, Ebay isn't an option for this game but for future reference, it is a very good way to get tickets. I went to a game in April and got tickets about a month earlier and paid substantially less than what was offered for similar seats on the ticket broker sites.
Yankee Stadium is great!! Have a great time!
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 08:25 AM

Yes- If you have a couple of days e-bay can be much better that the brokers. We always go there first - and you frequently run into somene who either doesn;t know what brokers get for the seats - or isn't so greedy - or starts with a lower price to be sure and sell quickly - rather than risk not get a sale at all.

(The on-line brokers can always pass them off to the on-site scalpers if the tickets don;t sell in advance.)
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 09:44 AM
cdt

Plenty of good advice above.

On the "fake ticket" question: highly unlikely this would happen during the regular season, but can and does happen for postseason games.
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 09:50 AM

you don't mention how many friends you will be with but the more people you have, the harder it will be to get seats together (or expect to pay more). Would reccomend looking for tickets in pairs as they will be more available than say 4-6 in a row.