liverpool football tickets

Oct 17th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

liverpool football tickets

Anyone know an inexpensive way to get Liverpool football tickets? I need 15 for a game against Wolverhampton on March 20th in Liverpool. Liverpool FC won't sell them to me until 3 weeks before the game (when the tickets go on sale to general public) but I need to confirm tickets for my group before then (like within the next 3 weeks). Or I can get them off a ticket agency for 60 GBP, which is too expensive (especially against Wolverhampton). My other option is to purchase Leeds tickets right now (they will sell them to me) but I'm staying in Liverpool and would just prefer to go see Liverpool play.

Thoughts, ideas???
Oct 17th, 2003, 12:08 PM

torch,

DH and I lucked out and were able to see ManU play Chelsea at Old Trafford three years ago. A dear friend of ours was able to obtain tix for us through very unusual sources (involving some illegality, I'm sure)

We walked up to a Paris-St.Germaine ticket outlet the day before the match and got very good seats indeed for a match that week.

Currently we are trying to secure tickets to a Lazio/AC Milan match in February, and have only found a ticket agent who can guarantee tix now. The hotel might help, a friend might help... do we want to chance it? we are still deciding.

I'd take a look at the availability of Liverpool tix to another match in the next few weeks and gauge how available 15 tix might be three weeks before.

Wolverhampton won't be as "must see" as some other teams I can think of, since they are probably destined for relegation.

Wish I could be of more concrete help; Good luck with your efforts.
Oct 17th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

I'm ok with illegality if it will get me tickets or if you know of any half decent ticket agencies, could you let me know. What did you pay for ManU and Chelsea?
Oct 17th, 2003, 12:29 PM

We paid nothing. Our friend "cooked something up" for the season-ticket holders.

If I said anymore, she'd probably get a visit from the UK version of the DEA.
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:03 PM

I'm always the one that tells people here that in most cases a ticket or 2 can be obtained before the game from a scalper. I never had a problem, and actually I've met a person that since 3 years ago takes care of any MU ticket requests I have. I try to see MU at least 3-4 times a year, 2-3 league games and at least 1 Champions League. But I only need 1 ticket.

So, what I'm trying to say here is this. 1-2-3 even 5 tickets may be possible, but 15 will be somewhat difficult. Liverpool has a very strong following, so who they play is not the big issue. You may be able to score 15 tickets, but for obvious reasons they may be all over the stadium. I can't see how they would be all in the same spot.

That said, there is a possibility, but it may be expensive. Each team has what's called a "hospitality package" which basically is a way for corporations to entertain their clients at a game. Usually it involves a pre game breakfast/lunch, meet with a player, a game ticket, and post game drink or whatever.... To check if that's a possibility, look at the Liverpool web site, and also check this place:

www.lastminute.com and look at their sport packages.

Good luck!