Suggestions for Ft. Lauderdale

Old May 3rd, 2002, 06:33 PM
Lori Bittner

Suggestions for Ft. Lauderdale

My husband and I would like to stay in Ft. Lauderdale by the sea, any feedback for a place ON THE BEACH would be appreciated. We may stay there 4 days then head to Ft.Myers, Naples. We have a car and would like to explore. Thanks.

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Will

Did you want to stay in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, which is north of Fort Lauderdale or Fort Lauderdale Beach? There are many hotels in the area. The Marriott BeachPlace is very convenient in Fort Lauderdale beach.

Old May 5th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Lori Bittner

I think from other web sites, I would prefer LBTS. Seems as though it would be somewhat more peaceful and restful yes close enough to other activities. I am thinking of "Courtyard Villas" Has anyone had a positive or negative experience? I saw on one site a girl got married on the beach. She seemed to like it quite well. Any other thoughts on places at LBTS?

Old May 5th, 2002, 07:27 AM
tracy

I stayed at Costa Del Sol in LBTS a few years ago. It is very nice, clean and on the beach. I think it is an RCI condominium resort. It is on El Mar street.

Old May 5th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Lori Bittner

I will have to look up this place on the web. Any other thoughts or comments please feel free to e-mail me directly as soon as possible. Thanks Lori

Old May 5th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Gregory

Hi,

I stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper in Fort Lauderdale last June. While an older hotel the rooms were fine, it is on the beach with three pools including one by the beach itself ( one of which is 8 feet deep at the deep end) and you can watch the pool from the Clipper bar through the underwater windows, a fitness room. It is close to the restaurants along the beach- 10 minute walk or a short drive.
The Sheraton Yankee Trader is up the road acroos the road from the beach and accesible by a overhead walkway.
The Radisson is also close to the beach.

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:08 PM
glenn

Check out the http://www.marriottharborbeach.com/

it's fantastic !

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Postal

I've stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach hotel twice and don't think you can do better! Both the beach and resort are wonderful, including their restaurant. I stayed once for $75 through Priceline and once for $69 when my son-in-law worked for Marriott. I think the regular rate is about $179.

Old May 10th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Lori Bittner

I would love to stay at the Marriott for $79.00-$89.00 a night through price line but once you pay for a place what if it is not the Marriott. I would be stuck with what they gave me--There is no choice on that price line. I notice that is the only 4 stars that there is according to most rating systems.