Miami/Ft Lauderdale/West Palm

Mar 11th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Miami/Ft Lauderdale/West Palm

Morning All....need help on this one...looking for the ultimate family hotel/resort in any of these 3 areas....kids 10, 13, 14....seeking fun in the sun and luxury ...thanks so much for any much needed advice
Mar 11th, 2009, 05:05 PM

Marriott Ocean Resort on the beach in Fort Lauderdale is great for both adults and kids.
Mar 12th, 2009, 01:35 PM

Saw your post regarding the Breakers - you may want to look at Marriotts Ocean Pointe Hotel on Singer Island as well - they offer quite a bit and the children may like it better than the Breakers.
Mar 12th, 2009, 02:45 PM

The Breakers is a bit stuffier, but Singer Island also isn't the nicest area so you'll have to way both. I wouldn't call Palm Beach or the Singer Island areas places where you'll find the ultimate family hotel/resort. If you like being on the beach, renting wave runners and going fishing then they're good areas to be in. I think as a family you may like Fort Lauderdale better. Delray Beach also has a nice Marriott right across the street from the beach and it's a fun area. It's also in between Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale so you could easily take trips from there.
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:52 PM

The Boca Raton Hotel is pricey but is on the water and has
a beach. THe Marriot Del Ray Beach is across from the beach but centrally located. I wouldn't recommend Singer Island; the
Breakers is too stuffy. You can also look into the Best Western (Upscale) in Ft. Lauderdale on A1A north of Sunrise
Blvd, but it has no services. The Marriot on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale is also a good choice.
Mar 14th, 2009, 05:59 AM

I live near Ft. Lauderdale -- and when my brother visits with his kids, they always stay at the Lago Mar.

http://www.lagomar.com/

Scroll down and click on Family Travelers (on the left) for some descriptions... my brothers kids love this place -- lots to do, lots of conveniences, great beach, comforts for the adults