StoryLand in NH

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 09:18 PM
OldWoman

StoryLand in NH

We are taking our 3 year old to Storyland.
Any suggestions or tips for visiting the park? Can we picnic or are there food vendors/
Thanks

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:22 AM
bennie

Storyland is a favorite spot of our family. We went at least once a year when the kids were younger. If I remember correctly you can bring a picnic in with you or you can eat there. There snack bars are fairly reasonable and the food was not bad. The rides are great for kids 3-8 years old. Lines usually are not too long except for the antique cars. There are lots of things for a 3 year to climb on and to touch. The park is very clean and well maintained.

Have a great time.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:27 AM
doc

you and yours will love it. There is plenty of food and plenty of space for a picnic. I brought my 2 year old early this summer and she love it. We actually took our picnic to the base of Mt. washington, about a 15min. drive away, and then you can get back into the park. Just a suggestion.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Linda

This is a great place for kids, we still go every year.

If possible, go mid-week since it's most crowded on the weekends.

Get there as soon as the park opens as it's less crowded.

When you arrive, tackle the park counter clockwise (every one else heads to the right when they arrive, so the left side of the park doesn't get busy until later).

Using this technique Labor Day weekend, we only waited about 5 minutes for the antique cars (normally about 45 minutes to an hour later in the day). The kids (ages 3, 4, 7, 10 & 12) got the Polar Coaster and the log ride virtually to themselves for about an hour. We did both rides about 5 times each without a line. Later in the day these areas were a nightmare.

I have to say that the food prices in the park were very, very reasonable.

The kids other favorite's included Clark's Trading Post & trained bears show (across the Kangamangus) and Santa's Village if you you have the time to hit some other attractions.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Old Woman

Thankyoufor the counter clock wise tip! and the food info-- I won;t bother with a picnic I do not think!

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Sally

Hi-

I was wondering about inns in the area. Any one know anything about Storybook resort inn, Stonehurst Manor, Nestlenook Farm, or Farm by the River?

Thanks for any info-

Sally