Notices

Need Info On Sesame Place, Pennsylvania

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Info On Sesame Place, Pennsylvania

Hi

We are a family of 4 with a 4 1/2 and 1 year old looking to travel to Sesame Place this June. I am looking for feedback from others who have visited recently. Info. I would love to get from you is:

Is it worth the trip (we are from Boston)
What else is there to do beside the park
Best hotel to stay at

Any other info. would be appreciated.
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 07:57 PM

I live several miles away from Sesame. It seems to be very popular in the summer months. I see cars with many different license plates in the area visiting Sesame. I have not been there for years since my children are grown. I would say it is a great place for kids. The best hotel would be the Sheraton across the street from Sesame. As for other things to do, well you are not far from Philly. A visit to the city, the zoo, museums etc. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I would say it is a unique park. I am sure a 4/12 year old would like the place a lot.
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 08:30 PM

The 4 1/2 yo will love it, the 1 yo may be a bit young to really enjoy it. The Sheraton Bucks County is directly across the street on Oxford Valley Road. Haven't been there lately but have stayed many times in the past and it was fine. There are also other places not far away with lower rates (and service levels). You're close to Philadelphia if the grownups need some fun, too.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 05:29 AM

If they are fans of the show, your kids will enjoy the park very much - the live shows, the parade and meeting the characters have been big hits for all four of my kids. My youngest was 16 months last year when we went... at the start of the day he was afraid of the characters but by day's end he was racing from one to the other. They also enjoyed thje water park with activities for kids in each age group (my oldest are now teen-agers and go along because of the water slides). I would suggest with small children you consider going in June before the schools let out, or going on a weekend in summer (there are often camp buses during the week). There are plenty of hotel options in the area.

Philly got lots to do with kids including the Children's museum and don't forget the NJ Aquairum in Camden just across the river
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 09:31 AM
MIG

I live very close to Sesame Place and have been there with my kids. IMHO, I really wouldn't recommend making the trip from Boston just to go to there.

First, it is not a large park. My kids prefer both Hershey Park and Dorney Park because they are much bigger and have far more rides and water features. They are also cleaner and more friendly feeling. Sesame is also very expensive for what it is.

Sesame is EXTREMELY crowded on weekends and even during some summer weekdays as well. Many New Yorkers come down on the weekends and the whole place feels very loud and crowded.

The area around the park is basically suburban strip mall sprawl. Lots of cheap motels, chain restaurants, etc.

Old Mar 21st, 2003, 08:13 AM

topping