South Beach Hotels

Jan 17th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Original Poster

South Beach Hotels

Hi------We are going to South Beach fo 3 nights the end of February. So far the hotels I have checked into are very pricey. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find a clean, moderately priced ( under $200 ) hotel that is convenient to South Beach.
Thanks, Robin
Jan 17th, 2008, 03:43 AM

Considering that it is prime season, you may not find any under $200. I would try priceline, etc.
Jan 17th, 2008, 04:36 AM

The Holiday Inn at 4333 Collins shows rooms at $192. The hotel is adequate. A little north, but still walking distance of the heart of South Beach, and on the water.
Jan 17th, 2008, 05:31 AM

The GF and I don't really care to blow money on hotels, so ... some may scoff at this but ... we stayed at the Haddon Hall Hotel, which is offering rates of 125 dollars/night right now (according to the site).

However, be warned that it's merely adequate and not very nice -- it's rough around the edges and bit a rundown. The rooms themselves were clean enough, though the hallways stink of urine and cigarette smoke, and the service at the front desk is mediocre at best. Reviews online are mostly negative, but if your requirements are below that of the average person, and all you need/want is a place to rest your head, it will do.

It is in a good location.
Jan 17th, 2008, 06:33 AM

As mentioned, it is high season rates. I checked the hotel we really enjoy, Hotel Impala, on Collins. It is just one block from the beach and love the location. Lowest rate was $215 for a queen sleigh bed.

Check it out. It's a great hotel for price and location.

www.hotelimpalamiamibeach.com
Jan 17th, 2008, 06:45 AM

Check out the Marseilles on Collins Ave. I'm staying there in April and the rate is $155. I've stayed there before, the rooms and service are very basic, but the location is fabulous and it's right on the beach with a pool and pool bar.
Jan 17th, 2008, 06:47 AM

$215 for Hotel Impala is a very good deal. I stayed there for one night in December 2007 and it was very clean, had very good service, and was very very well located. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

I also stayed at Hotel Astor for one night (I was actually using my parents' room at the Impala until my own reservation started at Astor). Astor has improved since the last time I stayed there about 2 years ago...huge room and bathroom. They sometimes have some good deals if you're willing to book a non-refundable (fully paid in advance) rate.