Ft Myers/Bonita/Naples Restaurants

Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Ft Myers/Bonita/Naples Restaurants

I'm going to be in Ft Myers (Laguna Lake area) for 9 days starting Sunday. So, I am looking for some restaurant recommendations for either lunch or dinner.

While we like good food, we are won't be eating "upscale" every night. So, any recommendations for some "moderate" but good restaurants(not "family" places!) would be welcome. We would be interested in the Bonita Beach area and Naples, too.

I have been looking at some old threads and find these, and I'm sure we'll try at least one or two (Blue Water Bistro sounds great) of the nicers ones. If you have a favorite either upscale or moderate, I'd be happy to know!

Bonita: Chops City Grill, Bella Vita, Molino's, Sanibel Steak, Vincenzo's, Carrabba's, Duval Seafood, and Roy's
Bluewater Bistro and Ted's

Naples: Campiello's, Bar Lurcat, Handsome Harry's, St. George and the Dragon, Ridgeway's in Olde Naples, Dock at Crayton Cove, The Grape, Ted's Montana Grill

Thank you!
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM

Naples: Mangrove Cafe on 5th ave south and Tommy Bahama's on 3rd St. south.
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:20 AM

Right around the corner from you to the west is a new Italian place...just past Bass on the left. Sorry, forgot the name. On San Carlos, on the way to Ft. Myers Beach is "Pinchers" for good seafood (there is also the original smaller Pinchers in the K Mart/Publix shopping center at Gladiolus & McGregor). Also that way is "The Fish Monger" just before the bridge to the beach..on your right. Coming out of Laguna going to the east..go to 41 & Gladiolus & try Bahama Breeze. Head west to McGregor/San Carlos & turn right at the KMart and go past Cypress Lake to a little strip mall and have a wonderful lunch or breakfast at "First Watch". They are also at the corner of 41 & College.
There are many good places in Ft. Myers & south Ft. Myers (where you'll be) Just go down 41/Cleveland Ave and you'll find almost anything you want, including most chains.
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:31 AM

I almost forgot the BEST!! The Love Boat for great ice cream!! Gladiolus to San Carlos, turn left like you are going to the beach..down a ways on your left (unless you are coming back from the beach) is a small blue building with a fairly big sign "The Love Boat".
Did you know that there is an outlet Mall not far from you?...Tanger Mall. Stay on Gladiolus, cross McGregor (and you will still be on McGregor) and just before you get to the bridge to Sanibel you'll see the Mall on your left. Just in case you want to shop.
Mar 3rd, 2007, 04:23 AM

A minor point, but Ted's Montana Grill is not in Naples, but at Coconut Point in Estero, where Blue Water Bistro is. And for what it's worth, Ted's Montana Grill got a very "mediocre" review in yesterday's Naples Daily News which you can probably read online.

I had friends call Blue Water Bistro the other night and they were told there were no reservations available for the next month. I'm not sure if that was for a specific time range like between 7 and 9, but probably. By the way, it is also now open for lunch.

The first place I'd drop from your list would be Handsome Harry's. OK for a drink, but forget the food with so many good choices on your list.

Mar 3rd, 2007, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks xkenx. I will add those two to my list.

Mamajo, thank you for all the information, including the ice cream. I'm not an outlet shopper (thanks though), but I certainly am an ice cream fan!

Patrick, I thought I might have a few locations confused. I'll axe Harry and Ted and maybe try lunch at Blue Water.

Thanks to all for your help. I can't wait to get to some warmer weather.
Mar 3rd, 2007, 05:26 AM

I hate to burst your bubble. Yesterday it was 84 and 88% humidity -- I'm not kidding -- very sticky. Right now it isn't 9:30 in the morning yet and already 76 and 85% humidity (I just checked).
Sunday a cold front is to come through and drop to mid 60's and a low of high 40's ----BRRRR. But clearing and sunny for the nest few days and into the low 70's. I suppose that sounds good to you though.
Mar 3rd, 2007, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

Patrick, Yes, I've been checking on weather.com and saw that. We going to try to just ignore the first few day's weather. Oh well. It will definitely be warmer than here in Pittsburgh!
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:50 AM

News flash. On the noon news I see they've reduced the rain probablility (actually not a good thing for us) and raised the temperature estimates for the weekend. They're now saying probably highs each day 70 or above, and lows for one or two nights only of about 50.
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Patrick! That is great news. I hate to arrive anywhere when it is rainy and cold/cool.

Mar 7th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

I'm happy to report that the weather here in Ft. Myers has been great, especially considering the weather in PA.

Tomorrow we go to Naples and are going to try to get into Campiellos (for lunch). If we can't, we'll try one of the other suggestions.

Thanks.
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Celiaanne, if you still see this -- Opentable.com still shows availability at Campiello for tomorrow at 12 and at 1:30. You could book right on line now and be very safe. Otherwise for lunch, with a little wait you can almost surely get in. Or put your name in, let them tell you how long and go do a little shopping in the neighborhood -- take your credit cards!
Mar 14th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Patrick, Thank you. Sorry I missed your message. We didn't have reliable internet access, so I wasn't able to get back on.

Anyhow, we did make it to Campiello's and really enjoyed it. We had to sit "inside," but it was very nice, and it felt like we were outside (We Pittsburgher are easy to please!)

We also got to BlueWater, California Pizza and The Grape in Coconut Point -- good food and a gorgeous setting.

Thanks again for all the input. Our trip was great. I want to MOVE!
Mar 14th, 2007, 05:19 PM

I'm sorry, we've reached our quota for this year -- no new residents allowed. LOL

Glad you had a good time.
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

OK, NeoPatrick, I'm back (in Bonita Beach this time), and it's still COLD!!! Really cold, can't-even-sit-on-the-balcony cold.

Do you have no control over the weather here?
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:37 AM

Ah, the one time a year I get to pull a sweater out of the trunk and you're "bitchin'" about it? Actually I ordered this weather as a nice change, yesterday is the first day in a week I actually turned OFF the Air Conditioning. You didn't let me know you were coming. LOL

Hang on. It's just supposed to be this way until tomorrow when it should be in the mid to upper 60's by afternoon. By Friday it should be back in the 70's and by Monday it should reach 80. But get ready for tonight, may actually dip to a frost temp -- low 30's. BRRRR.
Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:01 PM

In the Northeast, I wish it were going to be in the 30s tonight. Low near 0 with a Wind Chill near -15.

Was in FL last week and enjoyed the 80 degree weather.

Enjoy the 3 days of winter!!
Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM

Naples was 80 when I was down there a week ago.

Celiaanne, yuo need to work on timing.

Keith
Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

I know; I know ....it's just that we were so hopeful this time! I have been looking at the 10-day forecast, and it's looking pretty good.

There were actually surfers in the water ight outside my window... Are they CRAZY!?
Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:55 PM

I think this restaurant in Ft. Myers Beach would qualify as moderate but good:

Snug harbor Waterfront Restaurant
"Under the Sky Bridge"
645 Old San Carlos Blvd,
Ft. Myers Beach
(239) 463-8077
http://www.snugharborrestaurant.com/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO