Search

Soap in hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:50 AM
Faina

Soap in hotels

Hello, as my next vacation is near, I want to ask you folks how do you deal with this inconvenience. If there is no soap dish in a motel room, do you bring your own? I don't like to wash my hands and put that wet piece of soap on the sink, any idea what to do to keeep the sink area neat and clean? Those plastic cups they provide don't do the trick. Any advices?

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:01 AM
h

I use one of the extra washcloths.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:03 AM
What??

Use an extra wash cloth, fold it and use that as a holder. Or use the shower cap.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:36 AM
wow

I hope this is a troll. I can't believe anyone really worries in advance of a vacation how to deal with keeping the "sink area neat and clean."

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:47 AM
sue

Having seen the name "faina" before, it appears that this just might not be a troll (unless it's an impersonator).

In which case I can't help but think that if this is your biggest vacation concern, you either lead an ideal life, or have entirely too much time on your hands.

What next, worries that the color of the bedspread will clash with your nightgown?

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:30 AM
A.D.

Faina, the cardboard cover that comes on the drinking glasses work well. It's lightweight cardboard that is pleated around the edge.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:35 AM
Faina

H and What, thank you! Never thought of it. I knew you guys won't let me down

AD, going on a Cosmos tour I doubt there will be any cover even if glasses will be provided.

3 serious answers out of 5! Hey, guys, this board is getting better already! Or the trolls paranoids are still out to lunch?

Sue, no, it was not the biggest concern, just hope the last one - all other concerns were addressed on this site earlier.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:18 AM
Traveler

Your first mistake is going on a Cosmos tour. Don't ask us to feel sorry for you because you are using a cut rate tour company.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:26 AM
calli

I bring my own soap..not bar soap either. I bring one of those little bottles from Bath and Bodyworks. I can take it to the tub/shower and use it by the sink. I'm picky about my soap. I don't like most hotel soaps...they are too dry for my skin.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:52 AM
Toots

Buy a small plastic soap dish at any discount drugstore and this will solve the slimy soap problem.

I always have my toiletry kit stocked completely before I travel along with a collapsible cup, toilet seat covers, etc.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 01:46 PM
xx

Faina, Lot's of luck with Cosmos. Last year, on the last day of a 3 week BI tour, our guide told us if we booked the tour thru Cosmos, we did not have to confirm our flight to the states, Cosmo had already done it. Got to Heathrow to find our return flight had been canceled before we even left for England. Cosmos never notified us.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:13 PM
Faina

Marge, thank you for the laugh at the end of the day. Calli, Toots, I prefer to travel as light as possible. XX, thanks for the warning, I did not trust Cosmos to make flight reservations for me. Traveler, I picked the shortest and cheapest bus tour just to experience a tour for the first time, so if it gets unbearable I can cut it short. Going to the canyons out of Vegas.

Actually I was serious with my question - now I can't understand why didn't I think of the washcloth myself? Indeed, everything genious is simple

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:47 PM
lori

I either pack or buy at my destination
one of those plastic pump soaps from Dial,Ivory etc.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:42 PM
jo

buy a small body of Dove liquid soap or transfer some into a small bottle. Take the Dove disposable face cloths

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:39 PM
Laurie

Where in the hell are you booking? There is ALWAYS a seperate soap for the sink and one for the tub!

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:59 AM
xxx

You people really need to get a life! Worrying about soap!! What next worrying about the toilet paper? People like you guys shouldn't be allowed out of your homes.