ski pkg?

Old Oct 21st, 2009, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ski pkg?

Planning a trip to telluride for the end of December.
Should I go with a pkg deal for lodging, and ski and lift tickets, or buy individual?
What is the least expensive. already have air .
Thanks,
lele
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 07:21 AM

What's the price? Tote it all up and compare it to what you can find quoted on the internet for some lodging.
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 07:31 AM

Remember if you're going to be there over the holidays, there is usually a minimum stay and a pkg will almost always be a better deal.
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 05:33 PM

Telluride offers no special coupons or rates outside of regular rates or package deals. No coupons. No kind of "value card". Nothing. The only thing you have at Telluride is 3 free days skiing for your child if your child is a 5th grader and is enrolled in the "Colorado Ski Country 5th grader program"; OR some discounts on lift ticket prices if you stay in places like Ouray or Ridgeway - but those places are a good 45-60 min drive away.

I'd go with the best package deal you can find.
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 05:55 PM

sorry to disagree with the scarecrow but we live in area and DH just bought his ticket at discount.

If you buy by OCt 30, there are discounts to be had. There are deals for 6 day pass, 10 day pass and what may be best for OP - the Telluride Card which gives you the first ski day free and then each additional day at 25% off adult price. You can buy any of these online:

https://telrtp1.tellurideskiresort.c...Name=telluride

Also, you can often get tickets if you stay in various motels Cortez, which is 75 miles from Telluride. IT is cheaper than Telluride but a 90 minute drive, which at the end of a day skiing, can be long and dark along some mountain roads. Also, doing this for more than a couple of days gets old fast.

One of the cheapest places in town is Victorian Inn.

Deb
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 08:10 PM

Deb,

You can disagree with me anytime it comes to skiing discounts, and my knowledge is lacking. Glad to hear Telluride is offering something. I went to the website in your post. Ten days of skiing for $495 ($49.50 per day) is great. I just wish I had 10 days to spend in the area. Even 6 days for $345 ($57.50 per day) is a bargain in these cash-strapped times. Even if you only use the 6-day card for 5 days it's still only $69 per day. The Telluride Card sounds good too, but it still amazes me how marketing people try to pull one over on the buying public. The card offers you 25% discount on lift tickets and your "first day of skiing is free" - but the card costs $60, so your first day of skiing isn't free...IT COSTS $60!!!! If they REALLY want your first day of skiing to be free, then make the card FREE! Despite that, it's still better than paying full price!

Too bad the offers are only good until Oct 30th.
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM

I was also confused at first about their "4Pass". Along the front range, the term "4-pass" has become synonymous with a pass that allows you 4 days of skiing at a particular resort for a particular bargain price. Because of that pre-programmed way of thinking, it took my mad-cow-diseased brain a little while to figure out that that is NOT what Telluride's 4Pass is about. "4Pass" in Telluride-speak means "get yourself and 3 friends together and you can each purchase a SEASON PASS for only $998".

But do it before Oct 30th.