Reload this Page >

Colorado season pass?

Search

Colorado season pass?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2006, 12:10 PM
MaureenB

Colorado season pass?

Now that we've missed the deadline for buying the Breckenridge/Keystone/Vail Colorado Pass, I'm wondering if anyone knows of other ways to minimize the expense of skiing those mountains. We already have the SuperPass, which is Copper and Winter Park, and will use that, as well. When Vail is over $70/day to ski, it gets awfully expensive for us locals, who like to go a few times a year. Any discounts out there we haven't heard of?
Thanks!
>-

Old Nov 16th, 2006, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maureen,

How'd you miss the pass sales????????

Oy!!!

The only suggestion I have is to get your hands on an ENTERTAINMENT or GOLD "C" coupon book. They sell for about 10-20 dollars and usually have some discounted coupons for the Vail Resorts ski areas. The books are generally sold by school groups as fund raisers.

Also, if you ski with someone who already has a Vail Resorts pass, you might be able to talk them into giving up one of their discounted lift tickets for friends and family that are automatically loaded onto their passes.
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 04:42 PM
MaureenB

Furledleader, we bought the SuperPass last summer, to get the best rate. Didn't think we'd need the Colorado Pass, till we found out most of our kids' friends bought Breck/Keystone/Vail this year! So now I guess we've missed the boat for two members of the family anyway. Our son works for Colorado Ski and Golf and got a good deal through his employer, so at least he's good to go. He'll have the discount, but not sure if he'll be skiing with other family members when they need their tickets. Such an expensive sport! Can you believe skis can be $1000 now??

I've been looking at the multi-day pass, but it's a drag they have to be consecutive days.

>-

Old Nov 17th, 2006, 06:17 AM

Select "Lift Tickets" on this page:
http://breckenridge.snow.com/
Then, click "Buy Now" on the Perfect 10. Choose "child pass sales" in the menu on the left. And then there are 3 options for children on that page.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 08:28 AM

Marueen,

I don't know about CO, but here in UT there are several locations where locals can buy discounted day passes. Some ski shops and grocery stores with ticketing.

Do you have Smith's groceries in CO?
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 08:28 AM
MaureenB

Yale, thanks for the helpful tip. The Perfect 10 would be great, but it's not good during the holidays, when our daughter is home from college. Shoot.
>-

Old Nov 17th, 2006, 08:30 AM
MaureenB

Thanks, too, Dayle. We do have grocery stores that sell discounted lift tickets, but they aren't a huge savings and I don't think you ever find Vail discounted there. I'll double-check, though.
>-

Old Nov 17th, 2006, 09:22 AM

Maureen - I think that is only for the "Perfect 10". If you look at the other options, there are no blackout dates indicated. The ski 3 would get you into everything but Vail.
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 07:47 AM
MaureenB

Yale, you're right. The Ski 3 is probably our best option at this point. We'll have to hope for Vail discounts with a season pass holder.