Skiing in March---Reasonably Priced Condos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, We are a family of 4 (daughters ages 10 & 14) who would like to ski in Colorado, Lake Tahoe, Park City, Bozeman, or other places easy to fly to.

We would love to stay in a condo or studio so the kids can go to bed earlier than us, but we'd like to keep the cost of the condo/studio as reasonable as possible.

Any suggestions for ski areas that might have affordable condos, perhaps even w/ a lodging & ski package (not necessary, but looking to save money however we can).

Any help you can give us would be great!

Thanks!

Joy
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 05:09 PM

Hi Joy,

Another answer for you, sort of. Skiing is expensive! the best way for you to find a cond in your budget is to start calling around to the property mgmt companies, tell them your price range, and see what you can get for the money. Only you can decide what's "worth it". Most ski areas give discounts for multiple day tickets.

Good luck!
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

Hey Dayle,

Good suggestions---we're beginning to call around....i'm hopeful we'll find something, although i'm beginning to think that this wonderful sport of skiing gets to be very expensive when it becomes a family sport for 4 of us!!!
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 11:42 AM

Copper mountain is definitely the BEST ski package we have ever had, except it is so high altitude that my 6 yr old was sick...but the acccomodations were so great, we just stayed inside with her and traded off (taht is the great thing about ski in ski out). I love the fast pass they offer withthe condo.

Look at travelocity for packages and that is usally a lot cheaper...but it will be at least $1000 per person for the week when you add everything together.
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 04:35 PM

You might want to take a look at this website,just received some promotional material in the mail yesterday:
www.snow.com/bigwinter

We stayed at PineRidge Condos in Breck last year;would stay there again.
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Mona, i've been on this website all morning, and there are some good options.

If any of you know of any places to find a reasonably-priced package combination of lift tickets & lodging in a condo/small house for a family of 4, please let us know.

you all have been incredibly helpful---thanks so much.

i'll keep you posted as to the "deals" we're able to find w/ your assistance!

Joy Sakura
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 07:00 AM

mona2, snow.com is a very nice site. i had no idea va had purchased breck and keystone let along heavenly...
joy, you have mentioned colo - an entire state of varied ski opportunities, as well as specific cities in montana, utah, and cal/nev. you can find affordable lodging anywhere you go, so i would start with choosing a spot. each of the 3 cities have totally different character and pace, and co has ski areas to meet every families expectations. (ie: aspen great skiing and loads of glitz, steamboat great skiing in a working ranch town, crested butte great skiing miles from anywhere)
perhaps if you could tell us what appeals to you besides price range,(and reasonable to one is not at all acceptable to another so if you could give at least a general budget) we can be more specific with suggestions.
if you have not skied the west i would think summit county,co or park city area so you can try numerous outstanding areas in one trip.
www.vrbo.com is a wonderful source of condo/houses for rent by owners. if you are not comfortable renting from a private owner at least you can use it as a tool to determine how much bang for your buck you get in various locations.
where are you traveling from? it is not easy to find a direct flt to bozeman from many places. but if you have 10days - 2 weeks if might be worth it...bridger bowl lift ticket is $39 10yr old $13; big sky $65/$45for 14yr/$25for10yr, while heavenly is $70/58/36,park city $74/45& keystone $75/39. all of these areas have multi day discounts though.
happy trails!
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 12:13 PM

When we skied at Squaw Valley (and Alpine Meadows, very close) a couple of years ago, the lift and lodging package thgrough their central reservations was cheaper than the loding alone at Squaw Valley Lodge. So, they paid us to ski!

We like Squaw Valley Lodge very much--it's ski in/ski out, nice units, and not outrageously priced.